Kingston Churches Action on Homelessness (KCAH)
Kingston upon Thames
One year fixed term
18 (split week to be agreed – Job Share)
£14,354 per annum
Deadline for applications:
Sunday 13th December at 23.59 hours
Interview date to be confirmed.
We are looking for two part-time Enhanced Recovery Practitioners to job share, leading on providing support to seven people who have experienced rough sleeping and who have problematic issues around drugs and alcohol in a new residential setting. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with experience in the drug and alcohol field to help create and establish a bespoke service based on a strength sbased approach which simultaneously addresses homelessness and addiction in our efforts to reduce rough sleeping in Kingston upon Thames.
As an Enhanced Recovery Practitioner, you will:
- Work with seven residents with complex lifestyles, introducing different approaches/interventions to improve their health and wellbeing and where care and compassion resonates throughout the service.
- Help develop and then deliver a structured day programme with resident input and with support planning central to each resident’s journey.
- Develop positive partnerships with key agencies, community organisations including the faith community to improve positive outcomes for residents through collaborative work.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Strength-based and client-focussed.
- Experienced in the delivery of therapeutic approaches in both group work and 1:1 work.
- A decisive and effective communicator.
KCAH is committed and driven to helping people who have experienced homelessness to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness in Kingston and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
As well as striving to always offer a great working environment, we also provide:
- Support to develop your skills and learning
- A contributory pension scheme
- 26 days holiday and 8 paid bank holidays annually (pro-rata’d)
KCAH is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity and we welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.