You will be a highly motivated and experienced Grants and Individual Giving Fundraiser with a track record of successfully raising funds. Your role as the main fundraiser will be to maximise income from grants, and individual and business partner giving as part of the charity’s strategy to diversify our fundraising income.
Reporting to the CEO, you will lead on generating new income to meet an agreed annual target for the charity. You will be responsible for developing a grant fundraising plan to meet KCAH’s funding requirements and for writing funding bids. You will lead on increasing income from individual giving by managing the relationship with our existing pool of donors and creating a compelling case to persuade others to donate to KCAH.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop a fundraising plan to meet our grant fundraising target, working with the CEO and others to identify our funding needs and identifying potential grant making organisations.
- Write high quality, creative funding applications to grant making organisations, working with other teams to ensure bids are compelling and accurate.
- Develop good relationships with funders, including by maintaining regular contact with them so they understand what we do and our impact, and ensuring all reporting requirements are met.
- Work closely with the CEO, accountant and other teams to ensure all grants are correctly used and conditions and targets are met.
- Maintain accurate records and information about all Trust and Foundation applications and ensure that KCAH’s database and records are kept up to date.
Individual and corporate fundraising
- Define the KCAH ‘supporter journey’, and lead on its implementing it in order to bring in new donors, increase donor retention and donor giving.
- Support the KCAH communications team to plan communications and events in support of our fundraising strategy
- Work closely with the KCAH communication team so that their communications plan and events are informed by our fundraising objectives in relation to individual donors.
- Communicate promptly and effectively with our donors, including acknowledging all income generated.
- Define our requirements from a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, identify and lead the implementation of the best CRM system to meet KCAH’s needs. In the interim, ensure that accurate donor records are kept in line with GDPR.
- Understand, uphold and work within the ethos, aims and objectives of KCAH
- Keep abreast of key fundraising trends and issues and the regulatory environment around fundraising
- Develop strong and productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Manage own learning and professional development
- Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be required in this post