The Senior Youth Worker (Girls Lead) will be responsible for the development and delivery of KYC’s targeted service with young women and girls. Working three evenings a week, this will involve managing and delivering core aspects of service delivery - developing strong, professional relationships with young people, and ensuring effective partnerships with statutory and voluntary sector agencies.
Knights Youth Centre (KYC) is an independent Christian Youth Work Charity established in 1936. The Centre provides a range of universal and targeted youth work programmes in partnership with a number of statutory and voluntary organisations. The Centre is located on the boundary of the Clapham Park Estate (the largest estate in the Borough of Lambeth) in an area of high social need.
- To lead KYC’s girls/young women’s project to include planning and delivering evening sessions and off site activities
- To develop strong, professional relationships with young people (and their families) aged 8 - 21.
- To lead targeted activities, specifically for girls, including follow up from club sessions where necessary including safeguarding, referrals to other professionals, detached work, and 1-1 support; working with relevant specialist services and professionals
- To deliver annual schedule of residential and offsite programmes for young women.
- Provide accessible and tangible opportunities for the young people to plan and shape the delivery and development of the service.
- To support all other KYC teams (clubs) in ensuring services delivered are relevant and accessible to girls/young women.
- Support, and where required oversee, the delivery of club wide provision, including but not limited to the summer programme or Christmas events
- Encouraging young people to access a range of services within the club e.g. other youth sessions or bespoke sessions at the club
- To work with the ‘Inters’ and ‘Seniors’ groups as a member of the team(s)
- To represent the centre with partners, funders, and key agencies.
- Manage and lead a team of staff and volunteers to deliver a challenging, safe, fun and inclusive programme as required. Undertake termly supervisions with sessional workers in the Girls team.
- To support the fundraising team to make funding applications to deliver girls & young Women’s project.
- Work alongside lead trustees responsible for fundraising, finance, pr/comms and training and development. Attend & report to the Knights Trustee Board monthly service management meetings.
- To carry out any administrative duties in line with the post, including (but not limited to) monitoring work, internal reporting, budget management etc
- Monitor service delivery using our online database system Views. Regularly measure the impact of programmes on the young people by implementing agreed evaluation tools and provide evidence for internal and external reports
- To undertake any other tasks relevant to the post contained within the Centre’s Service plan or individual work plan.
- To be sympathetic to the aims of Knights Youth Centre and to work within the professional boundaries and policies at Knights Youth Centre.
PROVISIONAL WORK WEEK (INCLUDING SPECIFIC DELIVERY TIMES)
Mondays - 12 noon - 9pm
Wednesdays - 12 noon 9pm
Thursdays - 3pm - 10pm
Role also includes occassional cover for workshops in school(s) & support after school club
- There are specified delivery times. Outside these the working hours and location are flexible, subject to agreement.
See our Job Description for specific delivery times.
Interviews for successful candidates will be held on Thursday the 9th December 2021.
Anticipated Start Date 4th January 2022.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.