The Community Leader (Director) is responsible for ensuring that their community is living fully the Mission of L’Arche in its four dimensions (community life, service, spiritual life and outreach).
- To lead a dynamic intentional community on Christian principles, faithful to the L’Arche Identity and Mission, actively engaged in the local neighbourhood, in L’Arche within the UK and in the wider world.
- To ensure the Community is financially stable, through robust setting and management of budgets, negotiating fee levels with funding agencies, managing vacancies and co-operating with fundraising initiatives.
- To develop and deliver against a co-created community “Mandate” or strategic plan, to effectively manage the leadership team to deliver against objectives and to nurture existing community bodies including the Community Council and Faith Life group.
- As Responsible Individual for the Gasfryn (L’Arche) service, to oversee the quality of care and regulatory compliance of a learnnig disability service.
- To foster an open and inclusive spiritual life in the community.
- To be a visible representative of L’Arche locally, developing strong relationships in the neighbourhood of the community, as well as with local authorities, professional organisations, faith communities and their leaders and the wider society of Brecon.
- To work collaboratively with a local committee, and within the structures of L’Arche UK.
Profile for this role
The Leader appointed will be a person who is passionate about the Vision, Values and Mission of L’Arche and desires to be part of a dynamic, exciting, progressive and nurturing faith community;
They will have:
- Significant experience of senior leadership and management within a regulated sector;
- The ability to lead and manage a complex organisation to achieve its mission;
- Evidence the ability to think strategically;
- Excellent financial planning and management skills;
- The ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others in L’Arche and in particular with those with learning difficulties, others in leadership, the local committee and the national charity.
- EITHER experience of leadership within the learning disability field OR transferable skills and experience in a related field;
- It would also be desirable that the Leader meet the requirements as a fit and proper person to satisfy the requirements of the Care Inspectorate Wales as Responsible Individual for a regulated service.
In meeting the above requirements, and being held to be a fit and proper person in accord with the Care Inspectorate Wales requirements, the successful applicant would hold the position of Responsible Individual for the Glasfryn (L’Arche) service.