- To lead a dynamic intentional community of people with and without learning disabilities, faithful to the L’Arche Identity.
- To ensure the Community is financially stable, through robust setting and management of budgets, negotiating fee levels with funding agencies, managing vacancies and co-operating with fundraising initiatives.
- To develop and deliver against a co-created community “Mandate” or strategic plan, to effectively manage the leadership team to deliver against objectives and to nurture existing community bodies including the Community Council.
- To foster an open and inclusive spiritual life in the Community.
- To be a visible representative of L’Arche locally, developing strong relationships in the neighbourhood of the community, as well as with local authorities, professional organisations, faith communities and their leaders and the wider society of West Sussex.
- To work collaboratively with a local committee, and within the structures of L’Arche UK.
- To develop the community’s vision for its activities programme and its future housing needs.
L’Arche UK is part of a global network of communities where people with and without learning disabilities live and share in life together, working for a world where we all belong.
Are you a leader who can:
- Inspire and lead a community of 80+ people with and without learning disabilities.
- Manage a team responsible for a budget of £1.2m and a range of care and support services.
- Balance rigorous business management with an ability to build strong relationships and attend to the person-centred needs of Community members?
The Community Leader (Director) is responsible for ensuring that the Community is living fully the Mission of L’Arche in its four dimensions (community life, service, spiritual life and outreach).
The Leader appointed will be a person who is passionate about the Vision, Values and Mission of L’Arche and desires to be part of a dynamic, exciting, progressive and nurturing faith community;
- Experience of senior leadership and management within a regulated sector;
- The ability to lead and manage a complex organisation to achieve its mission;
- Evidence the ability to think strategically; · have excellent financial planning and management skills;
- The ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others in L’Arche and in particular with those with learning difficulties, others in leadership, the local committee and the national charity.
- EITHER experience of leadership within the learning disability field OR transferable skills and experience in a related field.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.