Chief Executive Officer
Salary: £45,000-£55,000 per annum
Hours: Full time
Commencing: Autumn 2021
Reporting to: The Board of Trustees
Well being is finally taking centre stage, how would like the opportunity to run one of the East Midlands leading mental health charity.
Are you a passionate and commercially astute leader? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
After 5 years with Lamp, our highly successful CEO, will be leaving us at the end of this year to take on new challenges. This has created an exciting opportunity for a new leader to help us achieve our vision to give all people in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland affected by mental health issues a voice.
Lamp is an independent mental health charity, founded in 1989. Based in Leicester, we help members of our local community who are experiencing mental health issues or caring for someone with mental health issues find and access the support they need. We help people to know their rights, express their views and access information. We also work with local businesses to support their employees and offer in-house training and support services.
As our new CEO you will be challenged with further developing our strategic vision, building consistent revenue streams and establishing new partnership opportunities. Leading a skilled and dedicated team of 15, you should be inspiring and innovative and will share our passion for mental health advocacy.
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with philanthropic and major donors, potential partners and public sector commissioners
- To thoroughly understand the needs of people affected by mental health issues and their carers, friends and families, providing and developing new services to address the identified needs
- To sustain current service contracts and identify/negotiate new contracts
- To identify and realise new business opportunities in line with Lamp’s values
- To continue to innovate and influence good practice and improvements in mental health services
- To promote and develop Lamp business services through recruiting and retaining skilled and professional staff who can offer a high level of training and guidance to further develop business relationships within the community.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. cert, diploma or degree in management, strategy, governance)
- Demonstrable leadership experience which includes strategic planning and the successful implementation of business plans, some of which is ideally in the public sector
- High level of financial literacy
- Project management knowledge and skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to present to the Board of Trustees and the ability to effectively adapt communication styles to meet audience requirements
- Experience of negotiating and influencing at a strategic level and building relationships and partnerships
- Ability to lead the organisation empathically, modelling and promoting best practice in diversity and inclusion
- Be proactive in encouraging a culture of positive and effective teamwork.
- Ability to demonstrate resilience in the face of challenge, to be able to adapt and lead through change.
We are an inclusive organisation and we work to ensure our workforce is reflective of the communities we work with. We are committed to recruiting candidates based on their abilities and will make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process to ensure inclusivity. We will automatically interview any candidate with a disclosed disability provided that you meet the essential criteria of the advertised role.
Please send us a CV and cover letter explaining why you would be the perfect candidate for this role.
Please contact us if you wish to make us aware of any adjustments required, advise of a preferred contact method or to make us aware of a disability.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.