The main purpose of the role:
A new role whose primary objective is to lead the successful development and implementation of a range of strategically planned new fundraising campaigns and initiatives in order to generate increased levels of income* for the Lancashire Cricket Foundation to support the expansion and growth of a range of community projects, programmes and events.
*There is an expectation that this role becomes self-financing within a timescale to be agreed with the post holder.
The successful candidate will:
1) Lead the development of a new LCF Fundraising Strategy that specifically targets the growth of new income streams; providing clear direction and focus to all LCF’s fundraising activity.
2) Manage growth across all existing LCF fundraising initiatives & campaigns; generating increased levels of income to fund future LCF activity.
3) Lead the development, implementation and management of a new LCF ‘legacy offer’ to fund future LCF activity.
4) Lead on the identification of new corporate / commercial donors that generate increased levels of income to fund future LCF activity.
5) Lead on the identification of new high net worth individuals that generate increased levels of income to fund future LCF activity.
6) Lead the operational management of the LCF ‘Fundraising Team’; performance managing staff through the setting of annual targets in order to achieve growth.
7) Lead the operational budget management for all fundraising campaigns / initiatives; performance managing staff to ensure that annual budgets are set and achieved.
8) Lead on the identification and securing of new sources of income from major trusts, foundations, institutions and government bodies and pro-actively work with LCF staff to develop applications / proposals as relevant to generate funds that support new and existing LCF activity.
The knowledge, skill and experience needed:
· Experience of leading successful fundraising initiatives and campaigns in the charity sector.
· Experience of leading a team to deliver successful fundraising campaigns and initiatives in the charity sector.
· Experience of securing successful legacy donations in the charity sector.
· Experience of managing Gift Aid.
· Experience of managing donor relationships in the charity sector.
· Experience of developing new, successful fundraising initiatives & campaigns in the charity sector.
· Strong communication, interpersonal, planning and organisational skills.
· Be self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
· Ability to review and adapt.
· Ability to work within a team.
· Ability to meet agreed targets.
· Ability to work unsupervised.
· Good IT skills.
· Ability to evaluate.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.