Langdon have an exciting opportunity for a HR Assistant to join their growing team based in Elstree, Borehamwood.
Job Title: HR Assistant
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum
Location: Elstree (Borehamwood)
Job type: Full time - 12 months fixed-term contract (maternity cover)
Langdon was founded in 1992 by four parents of children with learning difficulties who found there were no organisations that enabled young adults with similar needs to lead an independent life.
From those early beginnings, Langdon’s services have steadily grown, and we now help over 100 young Jewish people, providing education, supported living and employment services. We are proud that our members lead independent lives that, without Langdon, their parents could only dream about.
HR Assistant – The Role:
- The purpose of the role is to provide effective and efficient confidential, comprehensive administrative support to the HR Manager as required
- You will deal with general HR related enquiries
maintain the HR office systems, and offer an efficient, helpful and friendly point of contact for the HR department whilst promoting a professional approach
- The role will also provide administrative support with respect to all recruitment activities ensuring compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and legislation
HR Assistant – Key Responsibilities:
- To provide administrative support to the HR Manager including production of documents using Microsoft products, such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Respond to telephone and email messages in a timely manner
- Arrange meetings and hearings, ensuring venues and travel arrangements are made and communicated; relevant paperwork and agendas are circulated in good time, attend meetings to take minutes, identify follow-up actions arising from them and distribute as necessary
- Provide HR support to the HR Manager in the implementation of key HR projects and initiatives
- Assist the HR Manager in providing advice and guidance on standard HR policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment to managers and employees. Escalating queries as necessary
- Support the payroll, employee relations and recruitment processes by ensuring that all relevant documentation is completed, circulated, stored and filed
- To liaise with applicants, managers and other (DBS, referees etc.) to undertake pre-employment checks required by Langdon and escalate any concerns in a timely manner
- Monitor absence data in line with policy and escalate appropriately
- Processing new starters, leavers, and contractual changes
HR Assistant – You:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in a HR team and providing support on simple HR issues is essential
- Experience of minute taking, preparing letters and reports
- Competent in Word and Excel
- HR qualification or working towards CIPD (desirable)
To submit your CV for this exciting HR Assistant opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.