This is an exciting opportunity to work with a well-established charity which is growing and expanding its services.
Working closely with the trustees, the director and a team of committed staff, the consultant or consultants will develop a strategic plan to address the continuity and expansion of our legal services for the next three years. Successful performance of this task could lead to an employee position as LESAS coordinator (dependent on funding).
To develop and partly implement a three year “Strategic Plan” to help us to improve our legal services, give them continuity and expand the provision of our advice to support our beneficiaries and the organisation’s sustainability. It is envisaged that the plan will include:
- Fundraising and other sources of income strategy
- Partnerships development strategy
- Registration with OISC or alternatives
- Staff recruitment strategy
- Pro-bono and volunteers strategy
- Areas of work strategy
- Funding and other sources of income
- Identity funders, develop proposals and contribute to secure funding from a diverse range of donors.
- Identify other sources of income including opportunities for charging for our services and/or obtaining a Legal Aid contract.
- Develop a strategy to build and develop partnerships and relationships with other organisations and identify the organisations we could partner with.
- Registration with OISC or alternatives
- Consider registration of LAH with the Office of the Immigration Service Commissioner (OISC) and perform the registration.
- Alternatively, or in addition to the registration with OISC, to explore LAH operating as a Not an SRA regulated practice.
- Staff Recruitment Strategy
- Develop a strategy to assist us to recruit paid staff for the provision of our services.
- Pro-bono and volunteer strategy
- Develop and begin to implement a strategy to assist us to recruit volunteers to help us with the provision of our services as well as to prepare policies and procedures to help us to manage volunteers effectively.
- Areas of work Strategy
- Identify those areas of law in which we should be providing advice.
- Within the first four weeks of the consultancy to prepare and to present the Strategic Plan.
- Immediately after the Strategic Plan has been approved start dealing with its implementation with priorities as directed by the LESAS working group.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
The following are the essential and desirable demonstrable experience, skills and qualifications we are looking to see from bidders.
- Proven experience preparing and implementing strategic plan(s) for legal departments of charities. Candidates will need to provide samples of work provided and references.
- At least three years experience in managing and supervising advisers, working with vulnerable communities in London either in the charity sector or in a CAB or similar.
- Experience applying for Office of the Immigration Service Commissioner (OISC) registration and knowledge of OISC Regulations.
- Basic knowledge of Solicitor Regulation Authority (SRA) Standards and Regulations including those for Not SRA-regulated practices.
- Experience identifying funders and securing grants.
- Knowledge of provision of legal services offering legal aid and applications for legal aid contracts.
- Experience building and developing partnerships and relationships with other organisations as well as attracting, recruiting and coordinating pro-bono volunteers.
- Knowledge of the challenges faced by the Latin American communities in the UK.
- Experience and familiarity with immigration advice as a caseworker.
- Knowledge of Advice Pro.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise work.
- Bilingual English-Spanish speaker with advanced Spanish language skills.
- An academic or vocational qualification in Advice or Law.
- Solicitor in England and Wales regulated by the SRA or OISC Level 2 or above.
- Practical experience depending on the length and on which areas can compensate for lack of qualifications.
LESAS Working Group will be responsible for managing the commission.
Please send your CV and your response that can include an outline method statement (no more than 800 words) with how you suggest the Deliverables can be achieved as well as:
(i) your interest in consulting with LAH;
(ii) your relevant experience as per the skills and competencies outlined above; and
The budget available for this assignment is in the range of £10,500-£11,500.
All activities must be completed by late spring 2021.
Please check our website "job vacancies" section to see how to apply.
Deadline for submitting applications: 22nd of December 2020 at 12pm
Interviews will be held between the 4th and 7th of January 2021
Start date of the consultancy: No later than 18 January 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.