x 1 Full-Time/Part-Time, 30- 37 hours per week
Focussing on Individual Giving, Community & Events, the Fundraising Manager is responsible for securing and growing income for Launchpad from individual supporters including major donors, the local Reading community and a portfolio of events, in line with business needs and in close collaboration with other fundraising colleagues and client-facing staff.
- To develop and deliver effective strategies to maximize income from individual supporters.
- To develop a stewardship and engagement programme for Launchpad’s existing major donors, with the view to fostering long-term relationships and seeking future support.
- To work with Trustees, existing supporters and colleagues to identify potential new supporters and seek opportunities for engagement.
- To manage and support the Fundraising Officer to develop and deliver effective strategies to build relationships with community groups including schools and support them to fundraise on behalf of Launchpad.
- To manage Launchpad’s events portfolio, including Launchpad’s participation in key third party events, working with the Marketing Manager to market the events and other fundraising colleagues to deliver a great supporter experience and maximise income and engagement potential.
- To support the Fundraising Officer with successful delivery of events.
- To manage Launchpad’s relationships with Patrons, Trustees and VIP’s, liaising with the Head of Marketing & Fundraising and CEO as necessary.
- To maximise gift aid income by ensuring every opportunity is taken to encourage sign up.
- To work with the Marketing Manager to ensure the relevant sections of the website, social media, monthly e-newsletter and all marketing materials promote individual giving, community support and events and are kept up to date, and provide a regular flow of information and stories for inclusion.
- To work with fundraising colleagues to ensure opportunities to involve individual and community supporters within the wider fundraising programme are identified and taken.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
- To ensure that financial (currently ThankQ) and other departmental records are kept up to date with all relevant information relating to individual, community and event fundraising and are carried out in accordance with the agreed procedures and within the framework of Launchpad’s financial procedures and budget responsibilities.
- Assist the Head of Marketing & Fundraising with income and expenditure management and reporting for individual giving, community support and events.
- Attend evening Board of Trustee and other management meetings as required.
- Attend / conduct regular support and supervision sessions and annual appraisal meetings for self and Fundraising Officer.
- Manage a team of six Charity Ambassador Volunteers and one Temporary Fundraising Administrator.
- Provide written and verbal reports as required.
- To operate within the framework of values, procedures and policies of Launchpad.
- Work flexible hours according to the need of the role.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as delegated by the Head of Marketing and Fundraising to ensure the smooth running of the function.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Professional, approachable, confident and empathetic manner
- Willing and able to work as part of a team as well as working independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders using a variety of verbal, written and electronic formats
- Strong organisational skills
- Completer / Finisher profile
- Networking skills
- Amenable to working some evenings and weekends, eg to network and manage fundraising events
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and willingness to learn new systems
- Project Management skills, desirable
- Collaborative team working
- Demonstrable experience of successfully planning, setting up and running multiple and high profile events
- Managing and developing key accounts
- Working to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Working with internal and external stakeholders
- Working in a small to medium sized charity is desirable
- Staff supervision is desirable
- Previous experience of working in fundraising
Education, Qualifications and Training
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent, desirable
- Marketing and/or Fundraising qualification, highly desirable
- Minimum GCE A level standard or equivalent
- Minimum 5 GCSEs including English at grade C or above
The closing date for applications is 2nd August 2019. Interviews will take place week commencing 5th August 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.