We are seeking a values driven, enthusiastic individual to support our Capacity Building Team, which offers a suite of support to the voluntary, community and faith sector, working with charitable organisations to improve their sustainability and good governance.
Main Purpose of Post:
- Providing training, mentoring and / or direct service delivery to build the competence and capability of non-profit organisations to provide services / activities for the ‘common good’.
- Support good governance and sustainability in non-profits and support their capacity to operate strategically and respond to evidence based need.
- To provide developmental support to respond to non-profit sector demand.
Organisational support and development
- Assist non-profit organisations to review their organisational competencies in governance, operations, compliance and planning and then to prioritise areas for development support and devise realistic action plans.
- Provide technical and legal information relating to company and charity law in support of trustees/directors and the senior staff of non-profit organisations.
- Advise non-profits on models of formal cooperation with other legal entities in order to develop and participate in joint working or partnership initiatives.
- Help individuals and emerging groups develop ideas for voluntary and community action including giving organisational support to potential partners.
- Support non-profit organisations to plan their activities, through the provision of business planning, feasibility analysis and business model development support.
- Support non-profit organisations to assess the impact of their work by supporting the development of project evaluation systems.
- Support the development of consultation and service user involvement mechanisms.
- Support organisations to prepare for and submit funding applications, with particular focus on small grants.
Training and Information
- Taking a leading role in the design and delivery of accredited and non-accredited training for non-profit organisations.
- Developing information, advice and guidance materials to support self-service channels of service delivery (email, web, social media, print)
Technical Advice and Support
- Providing a policy development role in two or more of the following a specialist interest areas:
- Business Planning
- Human resources
- Contracting / Procurement
- Outcome management
- Legal forms / Governing documents
- Quality assurance
- Health & Safety
- Trusteeship / Governance
2. To provide guidance and advice on specialist areas to other LCVS teams
- To work as part of the team with other staff at LCVS.
- To implement and follow LCVS policies and procedures.
- To maintain accurate records specified for your areas of responsibility.
- To undertake any training necessary and participate in the organisation’s supervision and appraisal system, and identify further training and personal development needs.
- To represent LCVS and undertake other tasks in support of the organisation as required by your line manager.
The post holder is expected to be flexible in the performance of duties and to undertake any other duties identified as appropriate to the post.
LCVS is committed to equal opportunities, anti-discrimination and anti-oppressive policy and practice. No one we have contact with may be discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of gender, race, nationality, religion, cultural group, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or impairment. The policies apply to job applicants, employees, volunteers and users of our services.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be required to undertake and represents a range of responsibilities commensurate with the grade for the post. All jobs are subject to change from time to time and this job description will be reviewed regularly.
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter outlining how they meet the job description and person specification.
Interviews will be held w/c 10th January 2022
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.