As Learning Manager you are requried to manage, deliver and develop an engaging programme for schools, colleges and families inspired by Bletchley Park Trust’s collections, exhibitions and site. Effectively manage sessional, volunteer and visit co-ordinator staff to deliver a programme of creative formal and informal learning activities with a focus on History and STEAM. To contribute to the development of Bletchley Park Trust’s ambitions.
- Manage the day to day operational delivery of the learning programmes for schools and families.
- Effectively line manage and motivate learning staff to ensure the smooth operational running of formal and informal learning activities.
- Deliver administration duties including reporting, data collection, timesheets and expenses.
- Effectively develop, manage and deliver an onsite formal learning programme for early years, primary, secondary, colleges and SEND ensuring it is relevant, responsive and appropriately challenging.
- Effectively develop, manage and deliver a programme of informal learning activities for families, young people and children inspired by the collections, site and exhibitions, working closely with the Events Officer.
- Deliver formal and informal learning sessions and tours as required
- Produce and write content for formal and informal learning visitors including session plans, teaching resources, family packs, trails and guides engaging with new technologies where appropriate
- Work closely with the Learning Manager (Outreach, Young People and Adults) to develop and deliver cross disciplinary, STEM and history themed learning projects and programmes
- Work collaboratively with Collections and Exhibitions, Communications and Operations teams
- Contribute to the development of interpretation activities and materials for onsite and online exhibitions for schools, colleges and family audiences
- Work closely with the Head of Learning on the development of school and family initiatives
- Liaise with and develop excellent long term relationships with education institutions and community organisations to form partnerships that will enhance and grow learning programmes
- Effectively monitor and evaluate activities to ensure visitor response informs future developments. Engage in research where relevant to improve education delivery
- Maintain learning resources, including digital learning resources and learning spaces
- Manage relevant budget adhering to BPT financial requirements
- Attend relevant training and meetings as required
- Act as a designated lead for Safeguarding as required
- Be committed to Continuous Professional Development (CPD), keeping up-to date and meeting any annual requirement for CPD required of you professionally
- Contribute to the effective management and promotion of equality and diversity.
- Work in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- To work at all times in accordance with the Trust’s policies and procedures.
- To carry out such duties as may be required from time to time by the Trust that is appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Support and assist in the ongoing development of Bletchley Park.
An indication of the time allocations required for the role:
35% Staff management
25% Content and Programming
15% Facilitating learning
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.