Support the sustainable growth of our ambitious young charity, so that one day every child is supported at home to fulfil their potential.
Learning with Parents is a charity with a vision for every child to be supported at home to fulfil their potential.
We are narrowing the attainment gap by supporting all parents and carers to engage in their children’s learning.
We do this by leading the Parental Engagement Forum - a group of organisations and researchers connecting to improve home learning across the sector. We also provide a ground-breaking parental engagement programme to primary schools, which aims to motivate and empower all families to have enjoyable learning experiences together.
In the last year, our charity has become a leading player in parental engagement, working with over 10,000 families and large organisations such as BBC, Department for Education and Oak National Academy.
You can read our 2020 impact report here and see our latest news and blogs here.
About the Role
We are looking to recruit an Operations and Projects Manager to play a critical role in supporting the growth of Learning with Parents. The Operations and Projects Manager will support the team to manage the large number of projects that we are running. They will implement systems and processes to improve our efficiency and aid in the development of KPIs for our projects. They will drive the charity’s operations forward to ensure that we are maximising our potential for impact.
The role will involve working closely with the senior leadership team and will span the breadth of the charity. Our ideal candidate will bring experience of project management, with strong organisational and communication skills.
Core Areas of Responsibility
Design systems and processes
Design processes to manage the scope, schedule, budget, KPIs, risk and evaluation for both internal and external projects.
Manage a range of ongoing projects. Define roles and responsibilities of key project stakeholders and coordinate them to ensure project success.
Directly line manage administration and fundraising staff.
Develop and formalise our HR systems and processes, including our approach to recruitment, onboarding, professional development and retention
Other potential areas of responsibility
Dependent on the individual, we may ask for support in the following areas:
Work closely with the CEO to develop and execute short-term priorities and long-term strategy
Support our finance function, including budgeting, board reporting, payroll, forecasting, annual accounts and invoicing
- Project management and organisational skills
- Excellent management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others
- Experience developing HR systems and processes
- Champion and uphold our organisation values
- An understanding of education inequality in the UK
- Experience working in the charity sector
- Experience of strategic planning and development
- Experience in finance
Our Learning with Parents values are key to how we work and inform our strategy, programme, and how we collaborate.
- We have an ambitious vision, and we are determined to achieve it
- We are inclusive and enjoy making a positive difference together
- We foster a test-and-learn culture to drive change
- We are empowered to take ownership
- We act with integrity and default to transparency
We have a passionate team and supportive culture, which was recognised as we were named one of “The top 100 organisations to escape to in 2021” by Escape the City. In addition, we offer:
- Generous holiday allowance (35 days, including bank holidays)
- Income protection in case of sickness
- Home-based working with optional office time
- Flexible working times
- Social events
- Environmental (Net Zero) Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Benefit Hub, including virtual GP and discount scheme
Submit a CV and one-page Cover Letter outlining your interest and suitability for this role.
Due to the nature of our work with young people, on acceptance of offers all Learning with Parents employees are subject to a DBS check in accordance with Safeguarding Policies and offers will also be subject to reference checks.
Please submit a detailed CV and Cover Letter
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.