We require an Independent Living Adviser to add to our experienced and committed staff team. You will have the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of social care provision in the sector. Our Advisers assist our customers with the employment of their own support workers and provide ongoing advice when required regarding the employer/employee relationship.
The role will commence on a temporary basis with Leeds CIL; however, it is expected that it will become permanent with the Local Authority. For further details, please contact us.
Your role will involve:
• Supporting customers with all aspects of the recruitment of their support workers
• Assisting customers to develop and maintain good employer/employee relationships
• Supporting individual customers to maintain their own systems
• Ensuring that deadlines for completing tasks are met
You must have the following:
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good knowledge of employment law legislation
• Ability to work appropriately with people from a wide range of backgrounds
• Good experience of using Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
• Ability to keep accurate manual and electronic records and have excellent time management skills
• The ability to communicate appropriately with internal and external customers
Ideally you will have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar type of role; however, we would welcome applications from all candidates who can demonstrate that they have the necessary skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job person specification.
• 24 Working Days Holiday (pro-rata)
• Company Pension
• Flexible Working Scheme
• Accessible Building with Parking
Leeds Centre for Integrated Living is a Social Enterprise with charitable status that helps disabled people, families with disabled children and older people to set up and manage their own personal support services. This includes people using Personal Budgets, and Direct Payments.
Commitment to Safeguarding Children and Adults.
Leeds CIL has a duty to act on any concerns about the welfare of children, young people or adults at risk, including people who experience Hate Crimes.
Please note that CVs or agency applications will not be accepted.
Any appointments will be subject to the receipt of acceptable references and an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
Initial contract to May 2022. Continuation beyond May 2022 is subject to funding review and successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
Please contact Katie Hollins for further details.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.