Head of Grants
Leeds City Centre, West Yorkshire (with travel to Bradford)
Leeds Community Foundation supports thousands of charities and voluntary groups across Leeds and Bradford, addressing inequalities and working together to support those that need help the most.
We have distributed over £42 million in grants to date across Leeds and Bradford, enabling positive change in the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in our communities.
Over the next four years, our Plan 2024: Ambitious for All will ensure that we are agile in response to social and economic challenges. To support our future plans, it is crucial that we establish a firm foundation for long-term resilience and steady growth.
We’re now looking for a Head of Grants to join us and support our ambitious plans in terms of grant distribution and support for third sector organisations.
- Salary of £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
- Pension (contributions start at 4%)
- 24 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays and a Christmas close-down
- Play a key role in our management team
- Offices in Leeds city centre
- Business mileage allowance for a business vehicle (we encourage use of public transport where possible)
If you have strong experience with grants programmes management administration, this is an exceptional opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact to the people of Leeds and Bradford.
As our Head of Grants, you will have the chance to oversee grants programmes that strengthen local community projects, increase sustainability and enable local people to continue making a difference.
Communities in Leeds and Bradford have faced inequality and deprivation for years, and challenges continue to multiply. There is a growing need to advocate for more targeted support for grassroots, community-led investment. If you are driven, determined and want to do some real good on a local level, we want to hear from you.
As the Head of Grants, you will oversee all of Leeds Community Foundation’s grant-making activities.
Liaising with external funders, grants panels, grants applicants and other partners, you’ll ensure our grant-making systems are robust and fit for purpose.
Reporting to the Programmes Director, you will:
- Be a member of the management team, managing the Senior Grants Officer, two Grants Officers and a team of volunteers
- Oversee the efficient and effective delivery of our portfolio of funding programmes
- Research ways to achieve our goals, including through grant-making and commissioning
- Match and assess requests from applicants to funding programmes
- Have sign-off authority for certain grants, as delegated by the Board
To join us as our Head of Grants, you will need:
- At least three years’ senior-level experience of grants programmes management and/or other forms of assessment with the specific ability to analyse applications
- Experience of working in and/or familiarity with the voluntary and community sector and related issues
- The ability to effectively manage, lead and inspire others
- The ability to work with a range of partners and stakeholders and provide excellent service
- The proven ability to assimilate and critique data to formulate a plan or strategy
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial: working in Leeds and/or Bradford, working directly with a board of trustees/directors, leading on externally-funded programmes or convening and serving decision-making or consultative committees/panels.
Other organisations may call this role Grants Manager, Funding Programme Manager, Senior Programme Advisor, Programme Manager, or Grants Programme Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 18th February 2020.
Leeds Community Foundation is an equal opportunities employer. The communities we serve are very diverse and we aim for our staff team to reflect those communities. We particularly encourage applications from people with disabilities, who are currently under-represented within our staff team. All applications will be considered solely on merit. As such, we redact details that appear on an application which may identify any protected characteristics.
So, if you are looking for your next step as our Head of Grants, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday