Director of Communications
12 month Fixed Term Contract to cover Maternity leave
The successful applicant must be available to start before 1 June 2021
Full Time 37.5 hours per week (flexible and part time working by agreement)
Leeds Hospitals Charity
Leeds Hospitals Charity is proud to support Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. The Trust comprises seven hospitals and a dental institute, including Leeds General Infirmary, St James University Hospital, Leeds Children’s Hospital and Leeds Cancer Centre. At Leeds Hospitals Charity, we work with NHS staff to improve the experience of patients and families. We’re passionate about healthcare and about making our hospitals amazing.
The Director of Communications is responsible for leading the Communications and Marketing Team. The role provides strategic direction as well as leading the delivery of all aspects of both internal and external communications for the charity. This role works closely with the Trust and as a part of the Senior Leadership Team, is responsible for reporting back to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals.
We are looking for someone who has:
- substantial experience in running a marketing and communications team in a charity or similar organisation,
- developed, written and delivered strategic plans,
- the ability to maintain brand awareness of the charity and its work,
- worked as part of a senior leadership team.
Experience of working in a healthcare charity or working with the NHS would be an advantage.
- be an experienced manager of people, able to lead and motivate a team,
- have excellent communication skills with the ability to relate to professionals, patients and the public at all levels,
- be able to manage and negotiate with suppliers,
- possess a high level of emotional intelligence.
To apply for this position please send a copy of your up to date CV with a covering later.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 18th March 2021.