Job Title: Special Projects Fundraising Manager
Working Hours: 37.5 (Flexible and part time working offered by agreement)
Do you have a strong project management background? Do you have a knack for building high level relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders? If so, then we would like to speak to you.
Leeds Hospitals Charity
Leeds Hospitals Charity is proud to support Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. The Trust comprises seven hospitals and a dental institute, including Leeds General Infirmary, St James’s University Hospital, Leeds Children’s Hospital and Leeds Cancer Centre. At Leeds Hospitals Charity, we work with NHS staff to improve the experience of patients and families. We are passionate about healthcare and about making our hospitals amazing.
Reporting to the Head of Relationship Fundraising, the Special Projects Fundraising Manager will take the lead in delivering a range of important projects that will support the transformation of Leeds Hospitals Charity’s fundraising programme. The role will require management of a range of internal and external stakeholders. This position will be instrumental in developing, launching, delivering and evaluating both events and activities associated with appeals and stand-alone projects. It requires an experienced fundraising manager with extensive experience of project managing multifaceted fundraising events or experience in leading multiple fundraising departments.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience in managing a small team.
- Can oversee and coordinate complex projects.
- Can collaborate with colleagues to ensure opportunities are maximised through sponsorship, gift in kind donations, retail merchandise, community fundraising, volunteering and media opportunities.
- Can ensure timelines are established and met, stakeholders consulted, and fundraising targets are met/exceeded.
- Will manage budgets and contracts associated with project delivery.
- Knows how to produce regular updates for management on all live projects including reports with recommended course corrections, wherever appropriate.
- Can build relationships with key decision-makers and influencers with current and potential supporters.
- Will identify opportunities for improvements in existing processes or projects, proactively making recommendations for change wherever possible.
- Have line management experience.
- Be proficient in Windows based software packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Have substantial project management experience in a complex organisation.
- Have experience in designing and delivering high impact stewardship programmes and high value events.
- Be highly organised.
- Have experience in devising budgets and project plans and reporting against them.
- Understand and have experience of working within the requirements of Code of Fundraising Practice and data protection legislation.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with an acute attention to detail.
- Have the ability to build high level relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Can think creatively and apply problem solving techniques.
- Be a team players with strong cross team working, influencing and negotiation skills.
Charity Benefits Include:
Employee Assistance Programmes
AIG Life Group Protection
Car Lease Scheme
One year free gym membership
Buy Additional Holidays
If you are disabled and have the essential skills and experience to do the job, we will invite you to an interview. Please advise on your covering letter if you consider yourself to have a disability.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV with a covering letter.
Closing date for application is 08/11/2021.
Interviews to be held on 15/11/2021.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback at the shortlisting stage. If you have not heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.