Job Title: Impact and Engagement Officer (NHS Charities Together)
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Flexible and part time working offered by agreement)
Contract: Fixed Term Contract- 24 months
Salary: £25,000- £28,000 per annum
Do you have experience in programme delivery, research and evaluation or data and insight? Are you looking for a meaningful role that will make a lasting impact on our NHS? If so, then we want to speak to you!
Leeds Hospitals Charity
Leeds Hospitals Charity is proud to support Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. The Trust comprises seven hospitals and a dental institute, including Leeds General Infirmary, St James’s University Hospital, Leeds Children’s Hospital and Leeds Cancer Centre. At Leeds Hospitals Charity, we work with NHS staff to improve the experience of patients and families. We are passionate about healthcare and about making our hospitals amazing.
Reporting to the Grants Relationship Manager, the Impact & Engagement Officer is a brand new and exciting role on the Grant Funding Team which will support the Charity’s commitment in sharing the impact of charitable funding across Leeds Teaching Hospitals with our donors and supporters. They will be responsible for engaging with a wide range of beneficiaries to oversee the completion of projects and produce robust and insightful evidence to consistently demonstrate the impact of funding and the difference it is making to patients, their families, and staff. The post holder will nurture relationships with beneficiaries, ensuring recognition and increased awareness of the Charity and will work in partnership with NHS Charities Together to understand how regional wide projects achieve their intended aims and objectives and the wider impact for individuals and communities in Leeds and West Yorkshire.
- Will Engage with hospital staff to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of funding including the provision of advice and guidance on how the Charity’s funding should be recognised and communicated within the hospital setting.
- Can develop how the Charity gathers and collates information for monitoring and evaluation in order to understand our impact and be able to continue to inspire donors.
- Will develop the Charity’s ability to systematically collate and share research outputs and outcomes relating to studies funded by the Charity.
- Can contribute to the development of systems and processes that facilitate the impact and engagement part of the grant making process.
- Enjoys engaging with people, understanding the role charitable funding plays and what it means to people as well as identifying future opportunities.
- Will be able to identify projects that are suitable to be developed into news stories and case studies on the Head of Grants blog and/or the website which involves proactively working alongside the Communications Directorate.
- Can work with the Finance team to review expenditure against approved applications, ensuring commitments remain up to date and accurate.
- Will ensure the community-based projects funded by NHS Charities Together are monitored and evaluated in line with requirements set by NHS Charities Together and that we maximise opportunities to share good practice from the region.
- Has the ability to organise the creation and distribution of marketing collateral to promote Leeds Hospitals Charity funded projects.
- Have an understanding of the grant management cycle particularly in monitoring and evaluation.
- Be knowledgeable in monitoring and evaluation frameworks including tools and techniques to ensure the completion of this element of the cycle.
- Have knowledge of the healthcare, education, or charity sector.
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Be able to develop frameworks and implement new processes.
- Be proactive and have the ability to take initiative.
- Be able to work through data sets methodically and systematically.
- Have a can do, positive attitude whilst being tenacious in fully completing tasks.
- Be a strong team player – working across the organisation and across all hospitals.
- Be IT proficient specifically in Microsoft Suite Packages.
- Have experience in the use of corporate databases and systems.
Charity Benefits Include:
Employee Assistance Programmes
AIG Life Group Protection
Car Lease Scheme
One year free gym membership
Buy Additional Holidays
As a Disability Confident Employer we commit to offering all applicants that consider themselves to have a disability an interview if they demonstrate they posses the essential skills and experience required for the role. Please advise on your covering letter if you consider yourself to have a disability.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV with a covering letter.
Closing date for application is 24 January 2022
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback at the shortlisting stage. If you have not heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.