We are recruiting a City Hub Lead to join our existing team and work with us in developing our ‘City-wide movement building’ work, as part of an exciting, city-wide project funded by the National Lottery’s Climate Action Fund, called Climate Action Leeds.
About Climate Action Leeds
We are living in a time of emergency. It is a time of unprecedented crises and challenges - but it is also a time of hope. Leeds has declared a climate emergency, and we are beginning to see changes - but not fast enough, not bold enough, not deep enough.
To address this, we need to organise, join forces and put forward a plan that works not only for the climate, but for people and communities. That’s why Leeds Love It Share It is looking to grow a team of people who are committed to tackling the climate emergency through big and bold community-led action with climate justice at its heart - people who can connect, support, guide and mobilise individuals and communities across the city.
This role is part of Climate Action Leeds' Work Package 2 – City-wide movement building. The successful applicant will lead the development of the City Hub - both online and in a physical space in Leeds, co-design and ensure successful delivery of the quarterly Programme Assemblies and bi-annual Climate Assemblies, and ensure that the wider programme activities of the Doughnut Economy group, transition partners, and community hubs are successfully integrated into the events programme and City Hub activities. The City Hub Lead will also take an active role in supporting the Strategy Lead to manage and guide the work of the wider team, represent work package 2 in the Partnership Board and liaise with other project partners and the National Lottery.
We are looking for someone who already has excellent contacts and profile across Leeds, and an established track record of participation in climate action across the city. The successful applicant will have excellent and proven event organising, facilitation, and project management skills that can be directly applied to taking forward the work of Climate Action Leeds.
The successful applicant will act as a freelancer with Leeds Love It Share It on behalf of Our Future Leeds, and work as part of a team of six other staff members and many more volunteers and partners.
This post is 1 day per week and can be undertaken flexibly.
Key outcomes for this role in the next 12 months will be:
- Establishment of a physical City Hub, either as a pop-up or permanent space
- Establishment of the online City Hub information management system
- Co-design of workshop formats to support the work of the Doughnut Economy group and Transition Partners
- Co-design, development and delivery of the quarterly Programme Assembly, with excellent participation of all stakeholders
- Co-design, development and delivery of the bi-annual Climate Assembly, with excellent participation of stakeholders from across the city and across sectors and themes
- Demonstration of excellent staff support, supervision and development
- High profile leadership and partnership building for Climate Action Leeds across the city
- Strategic partnership building across the programme
Duties and responsibilities
- City Hub development
- Strategic support
- Team development
For more details on the role and organisation please see the background info section in the Application Pack. Deadline for applications is midnight Thursday 11 November 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.