Inspire Mentors work within schools to develop and increase confidence, motivation, aspirations and attendance. Following a period of growth, Leicester City in the Community has a fantastic opportunity for an Inspire Mentor to join our dynamic team.
Who we are
Leicestershire is made up of vibrant, ambitious and resilient communities. Leicester City in the Community support these groups, and the people within them, through exciting programmes with a passionate and dedicated team at its core.
We aim to Engage, Inspire and Empower through Togetherness, Respect and Pride, changing lives and transforming communities.
About the role
The ‘Inspire’ Programme’ is a targeted programme delivered in secondary schools in and around Leicestershire. The purpose of ‘Inspire’ is to work with young people who have been identified to be at risk of becoming disengaged.
Using a range of innovative interventions, Inspire Mentors work within schools to develop and increase confidence, motivation, aspirations and attendance.
Through 1:1 support and small group sessions, our mentors identify barriers to learning and create extra-curricular opportunities to re-engage young people with mainstream education.
Who we’re looking for
If you are passionate about supporting young people to reach their potential, are creative in your approach and are an excellent communicator we want to hear from you.
Skills required for success:
- Ability to empower young people to overcome potential barriers to education
- Experience of creating strong and appropriate relationships, with internal and external partners.
- Able to encourage, motivate and enthuse young people to participate, promoting positive attitudes towards education.
- Ability to work on own initiative, providing alternative learning opportunities for young people.
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience working within an educational setting
- Must satisfy relevant pre-employment checks including enhanced DBS check
- Ability to travel regularly across multiple sites.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.