The Community Engagement Manager will cover South & South West of England
At Leonard Cheshire we support individuals to live, learn and work as independently as they choose, whatever their ability. Led by people with experience of disability, we are at the heart of local life — opening doors to opportunity, choice and support in communities around the globe.
We work to support communities to be inclusive for all, where the whole community equally values all its members because of, not despite, our differences. Where everyone within the community feels safe and has an equal voice in shaping the community and has a sense of belonging.
We are currently recruiting a Community Engagement Manager in South & South West of England to support our aim in developing inclusive communities.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced professional, with a proven track record in strategically developing community services for disabled people or individuals with long term health conditions. You will also have relevant experience in managing teams of people and be able to demonstrate experience as a member of a senior leadership team.
In line with the UK Inclusive Communities strategy you will bring a level of regional expertise and lead on the development, delivery and review of community engagement plans within the South and South West which strategically identifies gaps and opportunities for the development of inclusive communities. Working with internal colleagues and external partners to drive forward plans which are person-centred and co-produced.
We are looking for candidates who have a good knowledge of community engagement, strong leadership skills and are passionate about supporting disabled people or individuals with long term health conditions and have the motivation to make a difference.
As a member of the Community Engagement team, the Community Engagement Manager will support the Head of Community Engagement and the Director of England and other members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in the effective development, management and delivery of the inclusive communities’ strategy.
You will be experienced in;
- leading a team in the development, implementation and successful operational delivery of an organisational strategy and of managing a significant budget over a range of community-based services / projects and volunteering programmes to ensure targets and KPI’s are met and delivery is in line with the agreed UK framework;
- delivering successful outcomes in a health and social care environment, or a voluntary service that has delivered positive outcomes for customers
- working at a senior level within a similar role
- supporting on the development, delivery and review of strategical plans with a focus on the South and South West health and social care field, identifying gaps and opportunities for the development of inclusive communities;
- knowledge and experience of working with and supporting fundraising to secure income from a range of sources across the private, public and voluntary sectors to meet our local income generation targets in line with the UK Community Engagement Plan;
- working with customers who have physical disabilities and / or learning disabilities and ensuring the involvement of disabled people or individuals with long term health conditions in the design of our approach and activities;
- leading volunteers across a range of locations;
- strategic partnership working;
- collaborating with Programme Managers to feed operational learnings into the development of the UK frameworks;
You will have;
- proven leadership experience;
- experience in building relationships with other organisations and community development;
- knowledge of working with customers or participants with disabilities or long-term conditions;
- experience of delivery through volunteers;
- knowledge of partnerships with a focus on disability;
- experience of working with fundraising colleagues to secure funding and income from a range of sources;
- highly customer focused and have commercial acumen;
- good contemporary written and verbal communication, suitable for a range of audiences which influence behaviours and outcomes;
- solutions orientated.
You will have a genuine commitment to the values and ethos of Leonard Cheshire and be excited by this challenge and the opportunity to make a difference to disabled people or individuals with long term health conditions.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
A satisfactory disclosure check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.
Closing Date: 4 September 2020
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed.
* No agencies please *
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.