Home Based in Wales with wider travel.
Are you proactive, energetic, and organised? Do you have demonstrable experience of delivering events and managing projects against income and awareness generating targets?
If so, this exciting role within our Welsh Team could be a great next career move!
About the Role
Working closely with the wider Community teams, and our overarching Marketing, Fundraising and Events teams, you will promote and deliver a range of fundraising events within local communities across Wales, raising vital funds in support of Leonard Cheshire Cymru. You will report into the Regional Fundraising Manager for Wales.
You will identify opportunities and deliver a portfolio of other events throughout the Wales to meet agreed targets. You will also work collaboratively with the rest of the Welsh Team as well as working closely in collaborative environment with the Marketing and Fundraising department to assist in maximising overall charity income and reach.
To be considered for this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 1-2 year event and marketing experience
- Ability to motivate and inspire a variety of individuals including senior decision makers
- Highest standard of written communication skills and excellent verbal, including presentations
- Ability to monitor and control financial budgets and evaluate potential income
- Excellent organisational, project management and planning skills with a meticulous eye for detail
- Proven experience of events fundraising or events / project management
- Broad understanding of other fundraising mechanisms, such as community fundraising
- Knowledge of the charity sectors
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of the importance in promoting a regional identity
- Current UK driving license.
- Willingness to travel to other premises and throughout the Wales, with occasional travel throughout the UK (this may incur overnight stays)
- Flexible approach to working hours including evenings and weekends
You will have a genuine commitment to the values and ethos of Leonard Cheshire and be excited by this opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with disabilities.
Closing Date: Sunday 25th April
Interview Date: Friday 30th April 2021
About Leonard Cheshire Cymru
Leonard Cheshire in Wales supports individuals to live, learn and work as independently as they choose, whatever their ability. As the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of services for people with disabilities, we do everything humanly possible to empower people to live their lives as freely and as fully as they choose.
What we Offer
- A generous employer contribution to a company pension scheme with additional life cover
- Substantial annual leave, with the option to buy or sell leave
- Access to a cash health plan at favourable rates
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
A satisfactory disclosure check may be required for this post.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.