Part time, 20 hours per week
You will be required to work on a Saturday.
Like the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
Like to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so… Leonard Cheshire Disability offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
We are the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. As the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK with around 7,000 employees, we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future and are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
We offer an environment where you can work with great leaders and be part of a team who are passionate in making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
About the role
Preparing the shop ensuring stock and goods are presented in the best possible way. You will transact sales and accept gifts of goods for sale and to ensure that the party donating the goods is fully aware of Leonard Cheshire’s appreciation of the gift. You will also ensure all takings are fully recorded and banked. You will participate in staff meetings and training activities as required.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Be able to establish and maintain professional working relationships
- You will communicate effectively with a range of people
- Have a flexible approach to work in order to meet the needs of the service/ shop opening hours
We offer pay which is fair and competitive in our sector and flexibility in structuring your package to accommodate your needs. Our wide range of employee schemes and benefits include:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Choice to buy or sell annual leave, depending on needs
- Contributory pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit
- Access to cash health plan at very competitive rates
- Discounted tariffs with O2
- Cycle to Work – hire a cycle and / or accessories through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), including face-to-face counselling, as appropriate
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory disclosures check / PVG membership (Scotland only) is required for this post
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Closing date: 2 September 2019