Support Worker / Health Care Assistant
No experience required.
We are considering full, park time and occasional hours staff.
We have both day and night shifts available.
You will be working in our CQC outstanding home in Axbridge for residents with physical disabilities. We are a large home with 36 residents. You will be working in team that includes Support Workers, Nurses, Team Leaders, Activities Workers among others.
In our Support Worker Roles, you will be:
• Support our residents with personal care whilst maintaining independence where possible and ensuring privacy and dignity are maintained.
• Taking a Person-Centred approach to the care you give, ensuring you are taking residents physical and emotional needs into account as well as their personal choices and aspirations. This might involve doing tasks to help involve residents in doing an activity and helping residents to communicate with friends and family.
• Doing moving and handling tasks
• Be a good communicator and be approachable with our residents.
• Complying with safeguarding and the mental capacity act
• And may other duties.
Why choose to work with us?
Our employees say many things about why they love working with us, and the jobs they do. These are the things that really show how we work, why we work and the difference we make. This is what you can expect to experience if you were to join our team!
Working with us will mean you get a fantastic range of benefits including:
• Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
• Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell (salary sacrifice).
• Ongoing training and development
• Discounted tariffs with 02.
• Access to great savings and discounts with major UK retailers.
• Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
• Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
• Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
• In addition to the hourly rate, a generous shift allowance will apply to night and weekend shifts. This is a temporary allowance available up to 31 March 2022. (Conditions Apply).
This role is subject to the requirements of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021. Appointment is conditional on successful applicants providing evidence to our satisfaction that they are, or will be vaccinated by 11 November 2021, or are exempt from vaccination due to clinical reasons.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk. A satisfactory disclosure check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post. References will be obtained for all roles.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed.
* No agencies please *
Location: Axbridge - St. Michael's
Employment type: Permanent
Job type: Full time, part time & occasional hours
Salary: £10.55 per hour
Closing Date: 3 November 2021
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Community Support Worker, Disability, Disabilities, Care Staff, Charity, Charities, Not for Profit, NFP, Third Sector, Autism, Behavioural Support, etc.
Ref: 103 486