New Opportunity - We will be holding Recruitment days in our service for suitable applicants. A member of our team will be in touch to let you know the time and date and what to bring with you.
Days/Nights/Full time/Part time
Oakwood is an acquired brain injury unit based in Offerton, Stockport. You will be supporting individuals living with the effects of an acquired brain injury or associated neurological conditions.
Duties will include:
- Assistance with care and personal support
- Supporting daily living tasks and activities with service users in order to support them to attain their full potential, maximise options available and encourage choice, participation and motivation,
- Follow goals and interventions set by our therapists
- Dispensing of medication
- Keeping accurate and up to date records
- Accessing the community with service users
- Dealing with challenging behaviours
- Maintaining health and wellbeing of service users
- Moving and handling tasks
- General cleaning duties
- Supporting of new team members
- Full training will be given.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be compassionate, creative and honest.
- People person and have a genuine interest in improving the lives of vulnerable adults.
- To bring great positive energy
- To work well as part of a team.
- To be flexible in order to support the needs of the service
- To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire’s ethos and values.
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell (salary sacrifice).
- Discounted tariffs with 02.
- Blue Light card discount for front line care workers
- Support worker of the Month reward scheme (in service)
- Access to great savings and discounts with major UK retailers.
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to hundreds of courses and qualifications funded by Leonard Cheshire
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 6,000 employees, supporting over 30,000 disabled people across our global operations.
We offer an environment where you can be part of a team who are passionate making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
This role is subject to the requirements of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021. Appointment is conditional on successful applicants providing evidence to our satisfaction that they are, or will be vaccinated by 11 November 2021, or are exempt from vaccination due to clinical reasons.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk. A satisfactory disclosure check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post. References will be obtained for all roles.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed.
* No agencies please *
Location : Stockport - Oakwood ABI Rehabilitation Service
Employment type : Permanent
Job type: Full time
Salary: £9.92ph/ £19,397 per annum (37.5 hrs pw)
Closing Date: 29 October 2021
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Assistant, Care Provider, Personal Support Worker, Community Support Worker, Disability, Disabilities, Care Staff, charity, not for profit, Brain Injury etc.
Ref: 103 415