Help to increase Lepra’s impact by securing unrestricted and restricted funds from a range of funding opportunities including trusts, foundations and international development funding opportunities.
The primary functions are to:
- Provide the prime bid writing function for institutional and private restricted donors, such as Trusts and Foundations.
- Provide leadership of high-quality bid production. This will be predominantly for high-value, strategic opportunities
- Work closely with our programmes team, both in the UK and overseas, to ensure proposals are fluent and fully meet funder requirements
- Ensure the quality of our bid writing and bid production function is exceptional and supports the fundraising and communications team to achieve income and expenditure budgets in line with our annual plan objectives
The successful applicant will have;
- Demonstrable track record of high quality bid writing and production that meet funder requirements, including trust and foundation applications
- Substantial experience interpreting and translating material into compelling content for successful proposals
- Project management experience
- Confident in the development of budgets to meet proposal requirements
- Experience of writing and communicating for different mediums and channels and applying writing and branding requirements to reports and documents
- Demonstrable experience of research approaches and techniques
- Good understanding of funding best practice and legal requirements