We are recruiting for a Communications and Fundraising Assistant to increase the impact of Lepra through communications and marketing, building trust with our audiences to develop support and generate income. The primary function of Communications and marketing team is to support the fundraising team to achieve all income and expenditure budgets in line with the annual plan objectives and budget and to ensure that Lepra achieves a high positive public profile and high name recognition.
Lepra has been at the forefront of treatment in leprosy since 1924, from the development of an effective cure to ground breaking techniques to find, support and restore the lives of people affected by this devastating disease.
The importance of our work is recognised and supported by Her Majesty The Queen who has been our Patron since she became monarch in 1952.
The primary function of Communications and Marketing team is to support the fundraising team to achieve all income and expenditure budgets in line with the annual plan objectives and budget and to ensure that Lepra achieves a high positive public profile and high name recognition.
The key tasks of the Communications and Fundraising Assistant are:
- Build awareness of Lepra among the general public in the UK
- Support PR, pro-actively developing website content and social media content
- Drive our key messaging through all on- and offline communications
- To assist in tasks supporting the integrity of our communications on and off-line, ensuring our communications are both influential and informative to the full range of our stakeholders
- Help to develop content and manage production of publications e.g. Lepra News and Leprosy Review
- Support and develop Lepra’s multimedia content including films and graphic design content ensuring they are embedded wherever possible in our communications and promotional material
- To input and maintain data onto the CRM database ensuring Lepra’s policies and practices are adhered to including data protection, in order to maximise donor recruitment and retention.
- To assist in the administration and analysis of fundraising campaigns ensuring that processes are the most efficient for gaining funds
- To assist with general enquiries – online, post and by telephone
It is essential that you are educated to A level or NVQ3 level or equivalent.
This post is full-time and based in our Colchester office, there will be a requirement to attend out of hours events or media on-call duties, and the ability to travel in the UK (and occasionally overseas) is required.
- Employer and employee contributory pension scheme
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme
- In addition to public holidays as they occur in England, you will be entitled to 26 days paid annual leave, or pro-rata equivalent, which includes 3 days that must be taken between the Boxing Day Bank Holiday and before the New Year’s Day Bank Holiday.
- Child Care Vouchers Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Membership of the Employee Discounts Scheme
- Designated free of charge car parking at Colchester office
This role requires the successful applicant to apply for a basic DBS check. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to a clear check being received.
We aim to represent and value the diversity of our local communities through our workforce and service provision. We therefore positively encourage applications, regardless of age, race, religion & belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity or disability.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.