Someone in the UK is diagnosed with a blood cancer every 16 minutes.
Blood cancer is the fifth most common type of cancer in the UK but the third most common cause of cancer death. And, blood cancer patients are one of the most at risk from COVID-19.
Leukaemia UK is a leading UK blood cancer charity created through a recent merger, with ambitious plans for growth to improve the lives of those affected, by funding world class research and ground-breaking care.
We are looking for a Head of Fundraising & Communications for 12 months as a maternity cover. This role will be home based but travel to central London will be required as appropriate.
This role is responsible for:
- Leading the charity’s fundraising and communications strategy and team, to build and sustain awareness, consideration, engagement and support for the charity and our work.
- Playing a proactive role in the overall leadership of the charity as part of the Leadership Team, contributing to the development of strategy and culture, annual operational plans and budgets and effective internal communications.
- Setting clear strategic direction and annual plans to drive ambitious, achievable stretch targets for all income streams, marketing and communications, aligned with our vision, mission and strategic goals.
- Working with the Head of Finance to produce monthly management accounts, quarterly reforecasts, and campaign performance reporting against KPIs.
- Leading coherent and strategic communication of the brand narrative and visual identity, raising awareness of our work, enhancing the profile of the charity and telling our impact story.
- Leading the development of a stewardship and recognition programme for existing & new supporters to bring them closer to the organisation and maximise the value they can add to the charity.
- Leading the development and management of the charity’s digital presence - channels, assets and content - to support growth in income, awareness, reputation, and impact.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have an AMAZING sense of team spirit, willing to get their hands dirty, daily!
- Work hard, is highly motivated, proactive, team-orientated, a big picture thinker and insight and results obsessed
- Have a willingness to support complex, high value, multi stakeholder projects independently from start to finish
- Want to live and breathe the success of the team and the charity. Has a wealth of experience in fundraising, marketing and communications with demonstrable experience of delivering growth across income streams.
You will probably come from a charity background yourself and have a proven track record of strategic and operational fundraising, marketing and communications success. You will be an inspirational leader but also a strong team player and be as comfortable with hands on day-to-day delivery as strategic thinking and influencing in the leadership team. You will understand the current challenges that charity fundraisers face and bring your own innovations to our approach to public support and engagement.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.