We are a large Primary School in Waltham Abbey, with a community feel. The school was inspected by OFSTED in June 2019 and we were confirmed as a 'Good' school.
The Leverton Primary School Board of Governors is looking to appoint a partnership Governor with skills and experience in Health and Safety. The role will complement our existing board members and provide support to the school's senior leadership team.
- Make sure the health and safety policy is up-to-date, complies with legislation, meets best practice and reflects the school’s circumstances
- Make sure that staff know where to find the school’s risk assessments and that these are up to date and carried out for all the relevant areas
- Check the school’s record of accidents and near misses to look for any patterns which could cause concern
- Make sure accidents are investigated and steps are taken to avoid them happening again
- Monitor how staff are managing health and safety by carrying out an audit of procedures once a year
- Make sure the school has an emergency plan
- Check that school staff receive relevant information from school management about health and safety and that there’s a process to inform them of changes
- Make sure that names and work locations of first aiders and first aid boxes are displayed through the school
- Make sure all appropriate health and safety checks are carried out (for example, fire alarm tests)
- Attend any relevant training for health and safety link governors
- Report back to the governing board about health and safety issues and developments
The link governor will not conduct any health and safety checks themselves.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.