Lewisham Speaking Up, the independent advocacy charity for and led by people with learning disabilities based in Lewisham, has a brand new role for a Financial Inclusion Advocate.
The person we seek will have considerable experience of supporting and empowering vulnerable people, including people with learning disabilities. They will join our 1-2-1 advocacy team.
The successful candidate will:
- be an experienced Advocate who has a proven track record of working in the third sector and preferably with an Advocacy organisation. An Advocacy Qualification would be welcomed, but is not essential.
- have experience of carrying a caseload of 1-2-1 advocacy cases, getting people’s voices heard and supporting people to speak up for themselves.
- be aware of relevant legislation needed for advocating for people with learning disabilities
- have had considerable experience of advocating for people who have finance problems: this should include benefits, debt, budgeting, and issues with paying bills.
- be compassionate, hardworking, committed, and who can work with minimal supervision.
- need to manage a small group of volunteers, who will support people with budgeting.
This role provides an exciting and rewarding challenge within a supportive team, who share a strong belief and enthusiasm for independent advocacy and our work.
Closing date: Wednesday 31 March at 5pm
Interview date: early April 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.