We are looking for a collaborative and enthusiastic Communications Coordinator to support the delivery of our national marketing and communications campaigns. You will work closely with our Head of Communications and Marketing, the communications team and the wider services and projects team to plan, manage and coordinate a rich array of campaigns that increase the profile of our life-changing services, nationwide activities and opportunities.
Our Communications Coordinator will need to be cool under pressure, organised and adept at coordinating people and projects. They must also be able to confidently and creatively talk to people about LGBTQ+ communities, their issues, and the impact of our work.
The post-holder will:
- Help shape LGBT Foundation’s communications outputs with on-brand messaging and content that tell our stories.
- Ensure our voice is involved in the national and international discussion about equality, diversity and the lives of LGBTQ+ people.
- Raise our profile among key stakeholders including the public, healthcare and wellbeing professionals, local authorities, potential funders, and key decision-makers, inspiring them to act and engage more widely with LGBT Foundation.
- Spotlight our service users voices in our communications output and content appeals to the broad diversity of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Support the team to deliver events that meet the needs of our community and lever further support for LGBT Foundation.
We are taking positive action to encourage applications from people of colour (PoC) and other racially minoritised communities, trans, non-binary and/or older people (aged 50+), to improve the representation of colleagues from these communities in our staff team.
* Trans is an umbrella & inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity differs in some way from that which they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
Salary: £24,061 (+10% Pension)
Special Terms: Full-time (Part-time and job-shares to be considered)
Reporting to: Head of Communications and Marketing
Accountable for: Digital Engagement Officer, Volunteers, External Creative
Interviews will be held on Friday 25th February 2022.