The Finance function within LGBT Foundation is critical to the ongoing success and day to day operation of all our services and projects. The Deputy Director of Finance will ensure our finance function run smoothly and effectively, whilst also providing long term financial planning and strategic leadership on all matters relating to finance. This role will entail working with staff and stakeholders to ensure our finances are effectively managed, and will:
- Lead and develop financial processes across the organisation to ensure the smooth running of all of our finance functions.
- Ensure effective flow of information across all parts of the organisation, particularly to our SMT, Finance and Administration Sub-Committee, Board, and Auditors - including producing managemen accounts, cash flow financial forecasting, and leading on our Annual Audit.
- Ensure we comply with internal and external finance and income regulations such as those set by Charity Commission, Fundraising Regulator, HMRC, and our own finance regulations.
- Lead on both short and long term financial planning, including managing budget setting and reforecasting for the organisation, working with colleagues to ensure we generate surplus each year by identifying trends or risks which might impact budget decisions.
- Act as link between income and finance teams to ensure projects Full Cost Recovery are accurately calculated, funding gaps are identified, and project initiation and management are supported, including translating funding budgets into internal systems, and supporting with monitoring return
You will be an experienced finance professional, have a flexible and motivated attitude to work, have attention to detail and analytical skills, and work with a high level of integrity. CCAB qualification is preffered, but AAT with relevant experience would be considered. We are taking positive action to encourage applications from people of colour (PoC) and other racially minoritised communities, trans, non-binary and/or older people (aged 50+), to improve the representation of colleagues from these communities in our staff team.
*Trans is an umbrella & inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity differs in some way from that which they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
Salary: £41,069 (+10% Pension)
Special Terms: Full time, permanent
Reporting to: Deputy Chief Executive
Accountable for: Finance Coordinator
Closing Date: 9am 8th November 2021