Pride in Practice Co-ordinator / GMMH Sessional Worker (75 Hour Contract)
Manchester, Greater Manchester (office/field-based, covering Greater Manchester)
Nationally significant and focused on a fair and equal society, we are the LGBT Foundation, a charity supporting the needs of people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans.
Serving over 40,000 people each and every year, we provide information to a further 200,000 individuals online, making us one of the most significant charities of our kind in the UK. We help all LGBT people to achieve their full potential and aim to be ‘here if you need us’, living by our hashtag #EqualityWins.
Pride in Practice is a quality assurance and social prescribing programme for healthcare services that strengthens and develops service providers’ relationships with lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) patients within their local communities. Due to the manner in which data is collected, the needs of minority groups, such as LGBT people, are often not recognised or addressed.
We are now seeking a Pride in Practice Co-ordinator / GMMH Sessional Worker to join our teams in Manchester and focus on LGBT inclusion within mental health services and sexual orientation and trans status monitoring. This is a contract role for a total of 75 hours which can be scheduled to fit around your needs.
- Salary of £12.26 per hour
- Flexible working hours to fit around you
- The chance to make a real difference to LGBT healthcare
This is an amazing chance to get involved with a transformational project that is positively enhancing the healthcare system.
Since 2016, Pride in Practice has been rolled out to 445 health services, reaching over 2 million patients across Greater Manchester alone. The stats speak for themselves with 100% of health professionals evidencing improvements within their service as a result, nearly 90% of services implementing NHS England’s Sexual Orientation Monitoring Information Standard and 62% implementing trans status monitoring.
What’s more, Pride in Practice is endorsed by the Royal College of General Practitioners, Greater Manchester Local Pharmaceutical Committee, the Northern Optometric Society and is part of the Healthy Living Dentistry Framework. This means that we are backed by some of the most prestigious societies, frameworks and committees in the UK, lending legitimacy and expertise to our programme.
As a Pride in Practice Co-ordinator / GMMH Sessional Worker, you will work as part of a small team that works with healthcare providers to deliver the Pride in Practice workstream.
Working closely with healthcare practitioners, you will seek to enhance their knowledge of LGBT-specific needs and ensure that Pride in Practice continues to be delivered to an excellent standard.
Your role will also include:
- Supporting the development of the Pride in Practice model for Mental Health Trusts
- Delivering onsite training sessions for staff based at Greater Manchester Mental Health Trust
- Inspiring healthcare professionals to reflect on their service delivery and to implement Pride in Practice’s best practice model
- Providing a professional account management service to departments engaging in the project
- Supporting ongoing learning and development for staff, departments and services involved
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with Greater Manchester Mental Health Trust and wider stakeholders
To be considered as a Pride in Practice Co-ordinator / GMMH Sessional Worker, you will need:
- Experience of project delivery
- Experience of communicating with a range of professional and community stakeholders
- Experience of writing and delivering presentations
- Knowledge of the issues and experiences of LGBT people, particularly related to healthcare and access to services
- Knowledge of co-production, community involvement and collaborative approaches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To be professional and influential over the telephone and face to face
- To be confident, clear and diplomatic when delivering training
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple relationships and accounts
Please note, qualifications are not required, however qualifications may be useful in demonstrating competency for the role.
Other organisations may call this role Project Co-ordinator, Programme Co-ordinator, Learning Programme Co-ordinator, Learning and Development Co-ordinator, Sessional Worker, Mental Health Sessional Worker, Healthcare Support Worker, Training and Development Practitioner, or Training Consultant.
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 6th November 2019 and interviews are scheduled for Friday 15th November 2019.
We particularly welcome applicants who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), trans, and/or older (50+) as colleagues from these backgrounds are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
We use trans as an umbrella and inclusive term to describe people whose gender identity differs in some way from the gender they were given at birth, including non-binary people, people who cross dress and all those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
So, if you are ready to help deliver an incredible programme as a Pride in Practice Co-ordinator / GMMH Sessional Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.