LGBT Foundation is an impactful, vibrant charity with a wide portfolio of well-established services and rapidly developing new initiatives aimed at meeting the needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people.
We are looking for bank Pride in Practice Sessional Workers to join our team. If you are friendly and outgoing, passionate about lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer and questioning + (LGBTQ+) inclusion, and a confident trainer/facilitator then we’d love to hear from you!
We are particularly seeking trainers in the North East of England.
Pride in Practice is a model for change that utilises strength-based approaches to improve primary care services for LGBTQ+ people. This model brings together the lived experience of LGBTQ+ people, best practice guidelines, and community assets to initiate meaningful and sustainable change.
The Pride in Practice quality assurance service works to strengthen and develop primary care services’ relationships with their LGBTQ+ patients within their local community. Primary care services have the opportunity to achieve a Bronze, Silver or Gold accreditation for excellence in LGBT healthcare.
The post-holder will work as a team of enthusiastic and dedicated account managers working with GP practices, pharmacies, dental practices and optometrists nationally to ensure delivery of Pride in Practice.
The post holder will:
- Deliver onsite and remote training sessions for primary care staff and other healthcare professionals.
- Provide support to primary care services to help them become more inclusive of the health needs of LGBT communities.
- Work with the Pride in Practice team to inspire primary care services to engage with Pride in Practice.
- Support primary care staff to reflect on their service delivery and implement Pride in Practice’s best practice model for inclusive service delivery to LGBT patients.
- Build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ensure ongoing excellence in the delivery of Pride in Practice.
Please read the Recruitment Pack for more info on the role and how to apply!
We particularly welcome applicants who identify as a Person of Colour, trans and/or that people aged 50+ as staff from these backgrounds are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
* Trans is an umbrella & inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity differs in some way from that which they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
Salary: £13.72 per hour
Special Terms: Sessional work, no set hours per week
Reporting to: Pride in Practice Coordinators and Managers
Closing Date: Tuesday 26th July 2022 - 9am
Interviews: Thursday 4th August 2022 (TBC)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.