Are you passionate about Life? Are you looking for a career that really makes a difference? If so, an exciting opportunity has become available here within Life.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Housing to join our senior leadership team to lead and direct the work of our Housing Department.
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.
Life's a national pregnancy-support charity. We're creating a world where no one faces pregnancy or pregnancy loss alone. Through our services, we help people - whoever they are - to meet pregnancy or pregnancy loss with courage and dignity so they can flourish.
Am I the right person for this role?
- Highly organised, hard working, creative, self starter who thrives and can easily adapt within an ever changing environment.
- Confident, positive and outgoing with great communication skills.
- Proven senior management experience in a similar role
- Open and adaptable to change and able to support others through it
- IT Literacy and numeracy skills.
Main Purposes of the Job:
To formulate and deliver a strategy for approval by the Senior Leadership Team which consolidates and repositions Life Housing for growth and expansion to meet client demand and enable improved infrastructure.
To lead and direct the work of staff providing housing, maintenance, income recovery and life skills to our clients to ensure that a high standard of service is provided, whilst ensuring the Charity meets its legal, regulatory, financial, contractual, and other obligations including approved performance targets and KPIs.
To work with the CEO, Deputy CEO and Senior Leadership Team to plan and manage the Charity’s housing operations to achieve the Charity’s overall objectives in Quality improvement, and improved support services.
- To formulate, develop and deliver a viable Housing growth and expansion strategy, in line with the Charity’s overall strategy.
- Provide professional and effective leadership to the Housing function ensuring Life meets, or exceeds all its statutory, regulatory, and legal requirements and demonstrates best practice where appropriate.
- Contribute to business development, growth, service improvement, achievement of high performance, quality, and continuous improvement through the application of strong business, commercial, professional, technical and leadership skills.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure that the department can demonstrate strong governance, viability, risk, compliance management, efficiency, value for money, best practice, client-centred behaviours and social responsibility.
- To identify, assess and respond appropriately to new business opportunities for the Charity, especially those involving the provision of Housing and Services to pregnant women and their families.
- To ensure the prompt control, invoicing and collection of the Charity’s revenue income including Voids and Rent arrears.
- To prepare reports for service and attend the Senior Leadership Team meetings and working parties as required including reporting on departmental progress.
- To ensure the effective delivery of the day to day, cyclical, preventative, and major repairs programmes to the Charity’s housing properties.
- To secure and manage improvement grants, local authority funding and assess repair and maintenance programmes.
- Monitor breaches of Tenancy and License agreements, which could culminate in carrying out legal proceedings.
- To liaise with Pregnancy Matters™ On-line service to monitor the referral, assessment, and allocation of clients to appropriate services.
- To assess the delivery of housing management, tenancy management and health & safety in the supported accommodation units.
- Ensure compliance in contract monitoring and service delivery including financial compliance.
Our Values and Commitment to Safeguarding and Equality
Life is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Life expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from all diverse backgrounds to apply.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks. Life takes its obligation to protect the rights of children and vulnerable people very seriously; therefore, the successful candidate for this post will be also subject to extensive background checking, including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
Please submit CV and covering letter