This job opportunity is offered under the Kickstart scheme, meaning applicants must be aged between 16 - 24 and in receipt of Universal Credit. You must apply via your Job Coach.
Life Cycle UK is growing: as interest in cycling booms in response to COVID, we are working with partners to design new projects to help make sure that disadvantaged or underrepresented groups are not excluded. Your job – as part of the fundraising team – will be to help make this support happen.
We already have an excellent track record of fundraising, a strong relationship with our existing funders, a database of potential Trusts/Foundations and an extremely supportive environment. We now seek an energetic and motivated person who can help our Development Officer grow our charity income from Trusts and Foundations.
As a key part of a small team, you will have excellent writing and editing skills – and the ability to piece together information from various sources and turn it into a convincing bid. You’ll have the ability to multi-task and work against tight deadlines. You will also have a strong work ethic, a commitment to learning and improving on an ongoing basis and be eager to make a positive difference in this world.
If that’s you … we would love to hear from you!
To enable you to raise the funds needed to help hundreds more people experience the freedoms of cycling, you will be supported by experienced staff who empower you to take on more responsibility over time. We are committed to staff’s professional development: we will help you grow and nurture your talent.
Following induction and training:
1. Secure grants from Trusts & Foundations
Assist the Development Officer to raise funds from Trusts & Foundations:
- Identify and research trusts and foundation funding opportunities
- Write well-structured applications to smaller funders (typically £3,000 or less) identifying clearly how funding will deliver project outcomes
- Work with project colleagues to ensure bids are realistic and deliverable
- Assist in drafting applications for larger funders
- Submit, log and track applications
- Send acknowledgement letters and receipts to funders
Monitor and report to funders on progress:
- Liaise with project delivery staff to identify all information needed to report to funders
- Help colleagues to gather feedback, photos, evidence and case studies, as required
- Write accurate reports for funders that demonstrate clear outcomes and impact
- Work with Finance Officer to ensure financial reports meet the needs of funders
- Ensure the deadlines assigned to you are met
- Work with the Development Officer to track fundraising income against budgets and actual spend
3. Administrative support
Provide support on a range of administrative tasks:
- This includes – but is not limited to - dealing with enquires (postal, telephone, email, social media), arranging meetings, updating funder lists and sorting letters
- Ensure all records and data are stored securely in line with Data Protection legislation
- Contribute to the overall objectives of Life Cycle UK & work within our ethos, policies & procedures
- Attend staff meetings, 1:1-line management meetings and other meetings, as required
1. Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to write and edit content in a professional context (either fundraising or area with transferrable skills)
- Ability to build positive relationships on behalf of an organisation/group
- Ability to successfully manage own workload and meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of and passion for the work of Life Cycle UK
- Experience of working in a non-profit organisation
- Proven track record of charity fundraising
- Experience working with CRM database systems
- Good command of social media platforms, e.g. Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
2. Skills and abilities
- Excellent written communication skills
- Competent IT skills (MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Database and social media)
- Financially literate, with the ability to present basic budgets to funders
- Strong attention to detail, patience and persistence
- An organised, methodical approach to work, with the ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently and against tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with busy colleagues
Note: This job description is for guidance only. You will be expected to undertake activities as required in order to help the charity develop and increase its social impact.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.