We seek a positive, creative and determined individual to lead our Trusts & Foundations fundraising. You will be joining an ambitious, award-winning charity at an exciting time and play a vital part in delivering our mission to transform lives through cycling.
The Fundraising Officer will bring in grants to grow two key areas of our work:
1) Our Inclusive Cycling Projects:
- Silver Cyclists enables older people to keep active and healthy as they age
- Bike Generation uses cycling and bikes to help young people in disadvantaged inner-city communities get active and broaden their horizons.
- Bike Minded helps people affected by mental health issues improve their wellbeing
- Two’s Company helps blind & visually-impaired people cycle on the back of tandems:
“Before I got involved, I had fallen into the trap many blind people get into: I had let my disability become a barrier to me enjoying life. It has been empowering to meet other people, visually impaired and sighted, in a social environment. Two’s Company has been the gateway for me to enter a better life after sight loss” - Steve, tandem ‘back rider’
2) Our Bike Recycling initiatives:
We divert broken bicycles from landfill and teach prisoners the skills to fix them. Prisoners get out of their cells and qualify as City & Guilds accredited cycle mechanics, fixed bikes are sold to local people at affordable prices to tackle transport poverty. This work won:
- Best Bike Recycling Project Energy Innovator Awards 2019
- Prison Reform Trust Robin Corbett Award for Prisoner Re-integration 2017
- National Lottery Awards, Finalist 2016
Watch a 3-minute video: https://youtu.be/NVF8cRCKnMk
Life Cycle UK has tripled in size in the past 8-years and will help 9,000 people in 2019-20. We have a diverse income mix: ~35% is from grants & donations ~35% from contracts and ~30% from fees/sales. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take our Trusts & Foundations fundraising to the next level, based at our head office in Bristol.
TO APPLY: download a job pack from our website
DEADLINE: 9am, Monday 6th January 2020
INTERVIEW DATE: You must be available for interview on Thursday 9th January 2020, in Bristol
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.