Salary: £19,305 - £21,000 (pro rata).
Working hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week). However, we can be flexible (upon discussion for the right candidate).
Working days: Monday – Friday.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 7th June 2022 at 5 pm.
At Life Cycle UK, we believe that cycling is the key to helping people feel happier, healthier and more connected with their community.
Our work is underpinned by our belief that cycling is an inherently simple, safe and accessible activity. We work to remove the barriers to accessing this low-cost, ‘green’ and healthy form of transport by giving people of all ages and backgrounds the skills and confidence to cycle safely.
Since 1999, we’ve been guided by our mission to transform lives and the environment. We are based in Bristol, but over time our projects have spread across the West of England and Derbyshire.
We are at an exciting time in our charity's growth and development. We are now looking for a friendly and empathetic Administrator to join our Inclusive Cycling team and help more people gain access to cycling!
As an Administrator for our Inclusive Cycling team, you will be the first point of contact for all enquiries – connecting a diverse range of individuals with projects that best suit their needs.
You will assist with arranging cycling activities such as tandem rides for visually impaired people, and buddy rides for those who lack confidence in their abilities - making existing and potential service users feel welcomed, supported and empowered throughout their journey with us.
Having excellent organisational skills, you will keep our database up to date by capturing records of our events. As part of the Inclusive Cycling team, your role will be fundamental in helping us report to our funders so that we can continue supporting individuals through our projects.
- Salary of £19,305 – £21,000 per annum, pro-rata.
- Pension scheme (5% of salary).
- 31 days holiday per annum (pro-rata).
- Company sick pay.
- Training and CPD to help you grow and develop.
- Staff discounts on refurbished bikes.
- Cycle to work scheme and Techscheme.
- Free cycle training and an annual bike check-up.
- Discounted Endura cycle clothing.
- Be the first point of contact for all enquiries (phone, email, online, social media), booking requests, queries, amendments and cancellations for our Inclusive Cycling Projects.
- Organise activities and events, booking venues, freelancers and volunteers as required.
- Liaise with service users, freelancers and volunteers to troubleshoot any issues.
- Use our database and internal IT systems for accurate record keeping.
- Help staff, freelancers and volunteers with information requests, reporting and use of our systems.
- Ensure your team maintains data security, data hygiene and GDPR compliance.
- Provide invoicing and financial information to the Finance team.
- Schedule the maintenance of our small fleet of loan bikes.
- Order tools, equipment and replacement parts.
- Arrange for bikes and equipment to be moved from venue to venue, as required.
- Book meetings, meeting rooms, order office supplies (etc.) to help with the smooth running of the workplace.
- Work flexibly across all Inclusive Cycling activities as required.
- Any other general administration tasks, as necessary.
- Minimum 1 year’s administration/office assistant/customer service experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, including a clear and friendly telephone manner.
- Confident communicator (spoken and written).
- Good attention to detail.
- Proactive and highly organised.
- The ability to stay calm and organised under pressure.
- Reliable and punctual.
- A good level of numeracy.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and office management applications.
- Ability and willingness to learn confident use of databases and different software types.
- Friendly, compassionate and approachable, able to relate to people from all walks of life.
- Committed to equality, diversity and accessibility.
- Committed to continuous professional development and learning.
- Experience in creating and updating records and databases with personnel, financial or other data.
- Basic knowledge of GDPR and cybersecurity.
- Basic, day-to-day website maintenance experience.
- Basic social media skills.
- Knowledge of cycling issues and their relevance to environmental, health, transport and social inclusion agendas.
Note: This job description is for guidance only. You will be expected to undertake activities as required in order to help the charity develop and increase its social impact.
Deadline: Tuesday 7th June 2022 at 5 pm.
Interviews: Friday 10th June 2022.
We will hold interviews at: The CREATE Centre, Smeaton Road, Bristol, BS1 6XN. Remote interviews can also be offered.
Start date: We are looking to have a candidate in post as soon as possible.