LIFEbeat is a registered charity formed in 2009. Our mission is to improve the emotional wellbeing of young people – giving them the skills and inspiration to overcome the challenges they face, navigate the divisions in society and lead confident, healthy and purposeful lives. To do this, we offer transformational youth programs and creative trainings for adult youth workers and educators to help them approach young people in empathic, creative and inspirational ways. We are currently focused on putting the heart back into education via creative arts-based approaches to improving the mental health and wellbeing of both staff and youth in the education sector. This key appointment will be instrumental to LIFEbeat bringing its unique approach to more young people in the UK.
“I used to shy away from meeting new people and trying new things, but the camp has changed that. I would recommend this to anybody.” Billy, 17
LIFEbeat is looking for a Fundraising Manager to develop and implement LIFEbeat’s fundraising strategy and plan. Building on the current fundraising streams, we will be looking to grow our income via major donors, corporates, trusts and foundations. Our aim is to secure £600k by 2022 in order to fulfil our three year regional growth plan.
The base salary for the role is £35-£38k plus discretionary bonuses based on performance.
As part of the senior management team, the appointed person will play a key role in the leadership and direction of LIFEbeat, acting as a role model for others. Some experience in communications and data management would also be desirable. He/she/they will manage LIFEbeat’s London office and be responsible for the following:
Fundraising (80% of job role)
- Develop and execute the LIFEbeat fundraising strategy to create reliable and diversified revenue streams from: Trusts and Foundations, Patrons and Individual Donors, Community Fund Sponsors, Corporate Funders
- Write funding applications, manage and develop relationships with donors to maximise their support, ensuring that reporting requirements are fulfilled and new applications prepared and submitted where appropriate
- Maintain and develop the administration, research and systems required to effectively target the most appropriate donors, both institutional and large foundations
- Create and manage the fundraising budget in consultation with the Board of Trustees
- Provide reports and analysis of fundraising activities
Communications & Leadership (20% of job role)
- Develop LIFEbeat’s image as a leading charity with funding bodies, governments and other organisations in the sector
- Maintain effective networks and seek opportunities to expand and promote the role of LIFEbeat
- Help to develop the branding and external communications strategy of LIFEbeat
- Support the development of our digital presence, including social media strategy, e-marketing activities and the website
Key attributes for the post:
- Entrepreneurial and dynamic attitude to fundraising and business development
- Fundraising experience with Trusts, Foundations, Major Donors, Corporates, and fundraising events
- A proven record of achieving income targets, including being personally responsible for converting contacts into donations
- Experience of analysis, review and monitoring of fundraising performance
- A proactive approach to developing relationships with funders and influential decision-makers
- Presentation skills
- Experience of using digital media and social networking
Desirable attributes (would be beneficial but not essential):
- The ability to write compelling and inspiring copy
- Experience of representing an organisation to the media
- Experience of brand development
- Experience of managing PR campaigns which deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, gathering a wide range of data from different sources
LIFEbeat is a people-focused, passionate organisation that works to support young people across the UK. It would be beneficial if you have an interest in work with children and young people. As a small organisation, we are also looking for a candidate with a positive, self-motivated attitude and the ability to think creatively. Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team will be essential to the success of this role.
If this job sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send a CV and cover letter, explaining why this role feels like a good fit and what you think you would bring to LIFEbeat. Please title your email Fundraising Manager.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.