Job Title: Fundraising Officer
Reports to: Head of Fundraising & PR
Office Location: Lifelites, 26 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5BL
Hours: 34 per week
Duration: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £27,000 per year
Lifelites is a small charity with a unique mission to donate life-changing technology packages to give life-limited and disabled children using hospice services a chance to play, be creative, control something for themselves and communicate, for as long as it is possible. We donate this technology, including training on how to use it and technical support, for children using every children’s hospice service in the British Isles.
Purpose of the role
The Fundraising Officer is a key role within the Fundraising & PR Team, to build mutually beneficial relationships between supporters and potential supporters of Lifelites and the work that we can only do with their support.
By proactively developing relationships with fundraisers and donors as well as providing first class stewardship of existing supporters and collaborating with colleagues throughout the organisation, this role will further Lifelites goal.
We are looking for someone seeking to make a positive difference to the lives of life-limited and disabled children across the British Isles. You will need to be able to work proactively and efficiently with colleagues, fundraisers and volunteers to help us raise the £750,000 we need each year to give these children a chance to escape the confines of their conditions.
You will need the right balance of experience, professionalism and friendliness and be very willing to pick up the phone to make a new contact and seize an opportunity. And you will need to be driven by a desire to develop and build relationships with those who have the power to help us do more for the incredible children that we exist to support.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Donor acquisition - Identifying and developing new mutually beneficial relationships with companies, donors, fundraisers, and volunteers
- Seeking out fundraising and donation opportunities for existing supporters, including challenge events
- Provide support materials and encouragement to fundraisers
- Present on behalf of Lifelites at events to various audiences, including occasional evening and weekend events throughout the British Isles which may include an overnight stay
- Communicate with a variety of different audiences in a respectful and professional way
- Work within current legislation and fundraising best practice, and assist Lifelites to meet the demands of Data Protection legislation.
At Lifelites we reward our employees’ hard work with benefits that include:
- 25 days annual leave (plus extra days off during Christmas and New Year)
- 4pm finish on Fridays + many more benefits!
Closing date for applications: midnight on 19 September
Interviews to be held 24 & 27 September
Please apply addressing the person specification below by sending your CV and a covering letter (maximum of 2 sides of A4) indicating why you think you are the right person for this job. Please direct applications and any queries to: Samuel Davies, head of fundraising & PR
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.