The Digital Communications Lead is responsible for curation, creation and implementation of our online presence. Working collaboratively, you will focus on planning, curating and co-creating online campaigns, news, supporter communications and digital profile across platforms and audiences. You’ll manage, curate and help shape our core Lifewords website and social media, as well as Bible engagement websites VerseFirst, Ninefold Path and NINE BEATS. This role will best suit a motivated digital native who wants to be part of a small but passionate, purpose-driven team.
The Digital Communications Lead will be responsible for:
- Creating a digital strategy for the engagement of our supporters, resource users and audiences
- Managing, curating and creating content for our websites and social media platforms including visual content
- Producing, collaborating and delivering engaging and dynamic content across diverse platforms and audiences
- Producing e-news and other blog/social media content
- Manage social media channels and interaction
- Content strategy, data analytics, and report writing
- Collecting stories, photos and news highlighting our work from around the world
- Collaborate with other marketing and fundraising staff to implement and expand our online fundraising strategy including crowd-sourced fundraising and other digital mechanisms for support raising
- Collaborate on periodic campaigns that the organisation does across all platforms
- Propose and manage a budget for online activity
- There is potential for occasional UK and international travel as required
You will have:
- A passion for the Bible’s life words to bring change and transform lives
- Skills in creating and designing visual content
- Demonstrable experience in online written and visual communication
- An excellent feel for social media content and tone of voice
- Good people skills as you interact with a variety of staff, partners, supporters and public. Team worker and willing to help
- Curiosity and sensitivity to the diverse views and cultures of the world in which we live
- Ability to produce content suitable for a range of audiences and formats
- Strong IT skills; able to work with new software and online systems as needed
- Interest and knowledge of trends and developments in digital platforms, data and analytics
- Understanding or experience of faith-based organisations in the UK
Work arrangement and salary:
- this is a full-time role, although we are open to flexible arrangements with the right candidate
- Permanent contract (subject to six months’ probation)
- Primarily working with our team at our offices in Waterloo, central London
- 34 days’ annual leave, including public holidays and the office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 pa depending on experience plus 10% contribution to pension and life assurance cover
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a covering statement outlining how you meet the requirements of this job.
Interviews will be held w/c 2 September 2019.
The successful applicant must have a commitment to the Christian faith and share the vision and ethos of Lifewords (see the ‘About’ section of our website). This is an occupational requirement under the UK Equality Act 2010.
Applicants must be able to prove that they have the legal right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.