The Marketing and Supporter Communications Executive will be responsible for researching, writing and delivering communications through our core channels and outputs, working on a range of fundraising, marketing, news and supporter-facing communications.
With experience of marketing and supporter communications (preferably in the third sector), you’ll be skilled in adapting tone and message for different audiences. You’ll deliver written collateral for campaigns, news, marketing and supporter communications – including our magazine, Interact. You’ll work closely with colleagues to grow Lifewords profile with UK churches and networks. You’ll share our passion for the Bible’s life words and want to be part of a small, purpose-driven team.
The Marketing and Supporter Communications Executive will be responsible for:
- Planning, writing, and sending-out monthly and quarterly email communications – including a regular prayer diary; liaising with colleagues to ensure an integrated approach to fundraising, supporter engagement, and creative development needs / aims
- Maintaining content for use across platforms, particularly making sure that seasonal and campaign-related content is up to date
- Working closely with colleagues around the world and external collaborators to compile stories and news to support social media, print, digital, and campaign communications
- Writing and/or editing direct marketing copy, fundraising appeals, supporter-facing communications as required
- Following up story opportunities in the UK; including visiting partners to report on how the Bible is experienced as good news, and taking (or commissioning) photos to illustrate stories
- Ensuring quotes, stories, and photos are uploaded to our online resource catalogue, for ongoing use
- As required, providing news items and feature articles for our magazine, or writing for other print communications
- Occasionally proof-reading outgoing communications written by other members of the team
You will have:
- A passion for the Bible’s life words to bring change and transform lives
- Excellent writing skills – primarily for print-based media, but also for web, DM, appeals, etc.
- Experience in written and visual communication, with good attention to detail, able to summarise information, edit, write, and analyse accurately
- Ability to write for a range of audiences and adapt tone of voice
- Good people skills as you interact and collaborate with a variety of staff, partners, supporters and public. Team worker and willing to help
- Curiosity and sensitivity to the diverse views and cultures of the world in which we live
- Demonstrable experience of creating story-driven content for marketing, fundraising, or communications purposes
- Understanding or experience of faith-based organisations in the UK
- Experience in selecting and working with visual images – e.g. photographs
- Strong IT skills; able to work with new software and online systems as needed
Work arrangement and salary:
- This as a part-time role (60-80% FTE), although we are open to flexible arrangements with the right candidate
- Permanent contract (subject to six months’ probation)
- Primarily working with our team at our offices in Waterloo, central London
- 34 days’ annual leave (pro rata), including public holidays and the office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 pa (pro rata) depending on experience plus 10% contribution to pension and life assurance cover
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a covering statement outlining how you meet the requirements of this job.
Interviews will be held w/c 2 September 2019.
The successful applicant must have a commitment to the Christian faith and share the vision and ethos of Lifewords (see the ‘About’ section of our website). This is an occupational requirement under the UK Equality Act 2010.
Applicants must be able to prove that they have the legal right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.