Do you have the experience and enthusiasm to help grow our gender equality work in schools?
Lifting Limits is seeking a Programme Manager to join our growing team. This is a new role and will be instrumental in increasing our capacity to take on a growing number of schools.
The role in a nutshell
We need a Programme Manager who can bring fantastic organisational and people skills to support Lifting Limits through a period of growth and multiple projects. The role comes with a degree of flexibility to mould to the skills of the successful applicant, but the core need is to boost capacity in our schools-facing work and in our organisational administration.
You will work with the Head of Education to run the Lifting Limits programme in schools, managing relationships and supporting the smooth running and evaluation of our work on the ground. And, while you may not be a fully-fledged project manager, you will have sufficient experience to support us to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to keep a step ahead of the admin and to help strengthen the ‘office backbone’ as the organisation grows.
Why work with us?
We are a small, friendly team and will be delighted to have you join us. We offer flexibility, training and the potential for your career to progress as the charity continues to grow. This is an opportunity to have a real impact – both within the organisation and in the field of gender equality.
Lifting Limits is a charity with a mission to challenge gender stereotyping and promote gender equality, in and through education. With our whole school approach showing impressive impact in primary schools, we are now primed for expansion. You will join our team at an exciting time as we build on the success of our pilot and scale our model for dissemination through networks of schools.
Main purposes of the Programme Manager role
- Increase our capacity to take on growing numbers of schools; supporting schools in running the Lifting Limits programme; managing and strengthening our relationships with schools; building relationships with schools and other bodies in the education sector.
- Provide administrative support to the team.
Support the team with managing our multiple projects.
Schools / programme management
- Reporting jointly to the Head of Education and Chief Executive and, in conjunction with members of the team:
- being a point of contact for schools running our programme, to ensure that we provide an excellent and responsive service and to understand how the programme is running in each setting;
- managing ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the programme’s impact in schools, including soliciting feedback from schools on the programme and resources;
- handling queries from and fostering relationships with potential new schools, local authorities, multi-academy trusts and other education organisations and recruitment of further schools to the programme.
- Advocating for the programme and for Lifting Limits in interactions with external parties, promoting our work and ensuring timely and professional response to incoming queries.
- Onboarding new schools joining the programme, including gathering school profile information, issuing our programme agreement and invoice, filing all documentation in our IT system.
Organisational and administrative
- Administrative support to the team, including:
- Event management, such as setting up meetings and training sessions, venue hire and ensuring smooth running on the day.
- A developing role to support the CEO to ensure the organisation meets all the requirements of its charitable status e.g. policy reviews, reporting systems.
- Support the work of the Trustees, including taking minutes at Trustee meetings.
- Electronic filing (and paper filing if needed once we have office space).
- Setting up and maintaining GDPR compliant databases.
- Taking a flexible approach to general administrative and support tasks as required.
- Updating our website from time to time.
Managing our multiple projects
- Support for the team managing our multiple projects, including mapping our workflow using Excel or other appropriate tools.
- Develop positive working relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Commit to ongoing personal development and training.
- Undertake research as needed from time to time to inform our work.
- Participate in the day-to-day work of the organisation, attending meetings as needed.
- Act in a professional manner and upholding Lifting Limits’ aims and values.
- Proven experience managing programmes or projects, to deadline and budget where applicable.
- Experience in website editing and administration.
- Experience dealing with clients and managing client relationships.
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience in education and school-centred programmes is desirable.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent IT skills, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and understanding of available tools to facilitate online collaborative working.
- Proficient in creating and maintaining spreadsheets in Excel.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Confident managing and prioritising multiple projects and tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Self-starter and proactive.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good at relationship-building and networking.
- Flexibility and problem-solving skills in the face of unexpected challenges.
- Work enthusiastically as part of a team.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- A commitment to gender equality and social justice.
- A recognised project management qualification would be a bonus.
Applications must include a concise covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, alongside your CV.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.