We are recruiting up to six Pod Leader trainees. You will work with people on the front-line and be instrumental in effecting organisational change including growing the organisation, business strategy and operational improvements.
Likewise works with people who have been traditionally marginalised from mainstream society, such as those experiencing mental ill health, homelessness, addiction and social isolation.
Our approach is based on the principles of acceptance and belonging, continual and active learning, human-to-human relationships, and practical support. We have a unique workplace culture which is open, optimistic and emotionally intelligent and which allows these principles to flourish at the frontline. As a result we are able to work with our clients as mutual learners, supporting them to make the changes in their lives that matter to them.
We have developed our working methods over the last five years and are now looking for highly motivated, creative and caring individuals to come in and shape our future. Be a part of the next generation of health and social care; help to drive us forward as we expand as an organisation and widen our impact.
What we are looking for:
We’re not looking for any specific qualifications or similar experience as prerequisites for applying. We recruit based on openness to learning, alignment with our values and best fit for the role. However, we’re looking for some amount of previous professional experience (in any industry / sector). As such, this job is suitable for someone looking for a career change.
We’re looking for individuals who are:
- open–minded, willing and excited to learn;
- entrepreneurial and excited by the challenge of growing an organisation;
- ambitious about transforming an industry;
- passionate about people and personal development;
- interested in social justice, welfare issues and politics;
- excellent communicators – both orally and in written work;
- team players with a strong work ethic
As you build your cohort (Pod) of front-line clients, you will:
- experience front-line health and social care work with people who have a range of backgrounds, including: homelessness, drug and alcohol addiction, social exclusion, refugees and asylum seekers and mental health issues;
- influence organisational strategy and our internal process of transformation;
- be fast-tracked into management roles and develop frontline leadership skills;
- take the lead on specific projects, including community wellbeing activities.
Our Pod Leader programme was successfully piloted in 2015. Here’s what one of our trainees had to say:
“In my time at Likewise I've really enjoyed the variety of the work that I do. Each day has come with its own challenges and I've found myself outside of my comfort zone a lot of the time. This has been difficult at times as it requires a lot of energy (both physically and emotionally) but I've also learnt a hell of a lot: about our clients and the issues that they face, but also about myself, my own strengths and vulnerabilities.
“I have also found that Likewise is a very open organisation. Not only have I been told that I should be myself with colleagues and clients, but also that it is only by authenticity that I can have an impact on others.” (Hugo, 2015 Discovery Graduate)
- Salary £26k
- Reports directly to our Director
- 28 days annual leave rising by 1 day per year to 32 days
- Position based at Likewise Hub (NW6 3SG) although some travel within North West London required
- Access to private health insurance after one year
- Workplace pension with an employer’s contribution of 8%
Initial expression of interest process
- Submit your CV and a supporting statement through the Charityjob website telling us why you’d like to work with us by 13th September 2019
- 17th September Open Evening to find out more and meet the team