Help us create Limitless London by getting involved during our early stages of the start-up phase where you will be making a difference developing the fundraising model for a unique young people’s education charity that transforms the lives of young Londoners.
About Limitless London
We are a start-up charity that are led by young people, for young people. Passionate about helping disadvantaged young Londoners to succeed in life, our aim is to accompany young people through adolescence. We will be helping them to reach their full potential, grow up healthy, be part of society and be prepared for their future. We want young people to achieve their dreams and also have the skills to manage the many challenges that life throws at them.
We will do this by providing a range of fun, interactive and structured programmes, workshops, and events, where young people will have access to positive motivational and inspirational role models to help them develop their self-confidence and belief in themselves. Helping young people who feel they have nowhere to turn and providing them with the guidance, life skills and resilience they need.
Can you help? – The Role
Role: Head of HR (VOLUNTEER)
Hours: 5-8 hours per month
Location: London (with home-based working outside of meetings and charity activities)
What would I be doing?
- Leading the recruitment activities of our growing charity - managing applications, arranging interviews and onboarding successful applicants
- Managing the DBS checks process - as we are a charity that works directly with children, this is an essential requirement
- Creating HR and Governance policies with the CEO and COO
- Record keeping and information safehandling - ensuring that staff information is stored securely and in keeping with GDPR regulations
- Ensuring that the charity keeps up with any training or certification requirements
What Is Limitless London Looking For?
- Professional HR experience essential - ideally in a senior role, managing other HR employees
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Knowledge of HR policies and frameworks in the UK to ensure that the charity is compliant with these policies
- Experience managing people
- Experience conducting interviews and appraising candidates
- Minimum 8-12 months commitment to the role (more if you can give) for up to 8 hours per month
What are the benefits of volunteering with Limitless London?
- The opportunity to influence the lives of young Londoners and help transform young lives.
- Make a difference and a chance to give back to the local community and help others.
- Personal development opportunities, training and learning new skills.
- On the job, hands on experience, gaining experience working with a diverse cohort of people in a start-up young peoples’ charity.
- A credible reference to enhance your CV and future career prospects.
- Have fun, meet new people, make friends and be part of something exciting.
- Being part of a reputable growing and truly inspirational young people’s charity.
Sound Good? How do you sign up?
Hit apply to send us your CV!