The Volunteer Manager will lead on the continued development of LNAA’s volunteer programme. They will identify new opportunities to grow the number of our volunteers, and ensure the right policies and procedures are in place, ensuring volunteers are supported, empowered and have the essential materials and skills to carry out their roles effectively and ultimately have a great experience throughout their time with the Charity.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Director of Fundraising & Communications and the Area Retail Manager to own, develop and grow a volunteering strategy and programme at LNAA, ensuring integration with the wider fundraising and organisational strategies.
- To lead on the recruitment of all new volunteer roles as and when required, utilising all channels including attending external recruitment fairs, working with third party recruiters, existing supporter communications, social media and websites.
- Review and update volunteering recruitment channels, policies, procedures and systems and ensure they are understood and followed.
- Lead on the training, induction and support for all volunteers across the Charity.
- To support fundraising and Area Retail Manager in securing sufficient volunteers to ensure events and shop rotas are covered throughout the year.
- To work with colleagues across LNAA including: fundraising, retail, administration, finance, marketing and communications to identify new and existing opportunities for volunteers.
- Work with all LNAA staff members who are managing volunteers in their day to day roles to ensure they are supported and have the skills, knowledge and training to manage volunteers effectively.
- To manage the Volunteer Coordinator to deliver their objectives and KPIs in order to deliver the volunteering programme for the Charity.
- To ensure LNAA follows best practice and complies with all current legislation in relation to volunteering, with all volunteer activity being carried out in a safe and legal way.
- Be the safeguarding lead for volunteering, and represent volunteering at LNAA health and safety meetings.
- Be the champion at LNAA for volunteering internally and externally. Be seen as the go to person for volunteering across the organisation. Work closely with the communications team to raise awareness of the impact of volunteering through all communications channels.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the volunteer programme on a regular basis; including the effective management of an expenditure budget for the volunteering programme and ensuring all volunteer records are up to date on LNAA’s CRM database.
- Ensure GDPR compliant mechanisms for recording and accurately tracking all aspects of recruitment, retention, outcomes and impacts.
- Be responsible for dealing with any issues or concerns related to volunteers, including challenging volunteers or situations arising from the work of our volunteers. Ensure the best outcomes for individual volunteers and LNAA.
- To develop and implement an effective communication plan for all volunteers, including e-newsletters, utilising social media channels and the LNAA website, and events.
- To further develop the existing rewards and recognition scheme for all LNAA volunteers, so that volunteers feel valued as part of the wider LNAA team.
GENERAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- The post holder will be required to work from the Nottingham office at least one day a week and at any of the Charity’s shops or event locations in line with organisational needs.
- Take a proactive approach towards personal development in order to ensure that skills set is aligned to the demands of the role as it evolves and develops to meet the organisation’s changing needs.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required. This job description does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The application process may close early if a sufficient number of applications have been received.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.