Do you want to join an award winning team that is making a difference to people's lives and the natural world we live in?
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To take the lead in:
- Co-ordinating Tree and Wildflower Nurseries with responsibilities for ensuring supply meets all of Lindengate’s commercial needs, as well as creating year round tasks for gardeners and increasing/maintaining habitats at Lindengate and elsewhere.
- Co-ordinating development, and ongoing maintenance of the wildlife ponds, the Community Nature Reserve and Education facilities, and co-ordinating the Rough Around the Edges project.
- Developing training for volunteers in conservation practices as needed to fulfil gardener activities, and site and trading objectives.
- Co-ordinating conservation volunteers.
- Supporting Short Programmes for young people with conservation, bush craft and heritage craft activities.
- Liaising with the STH Co-ordinators and their team to ensure that all service users programmes are supported as is best for the service users and the overall site objectives.
- Assisting and supporting training for STH volunteers and gardeners, especially with conservation projects.
- Support in planning a 3 month rolling programme for activities in the gardens, nature reserve and conservation areas.
- Support in the development of a programme of growing and productivity on the site to support its financial sustainability.
- Keep records of the tree and shrub nursery using the ‘Accessions’ file.
- Keep an up to date inventory of all site and horticultural tools and materials, and support in the liaising of suppliers for repairs, replacements and additions.
- Ensure the site is properly equipped for all H&S needs in line with current legislation and agreed policies, and implement monthly updates of risk assessments/ fire drills as the site develops.
- Support the Horticultural Manager with resourcing all that is needed for the site development and all programmes according to agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Support in the implementation of all site-based volunteer, corporate fundraising and community group events. This will require some evening and weekend working.
- Implement agreed induction for new Site and Hort volunteers joining the team.
- Support all activities with effective communication and learning.
- Support in the implementing all aspects of site maintenance.
- Share general co-ordinator responsibilities with Site and Hort Co-ordinator (Hort).
- Develop a series of nature based walks and talks for gardeners, volunteers and visitors.
- Assist in the development of our conservation income streams.
A combination of specific conservation/horticultural qualifications and/or experience, supervisory skills, and a natural aptitude to deal with a highly flexible environment. An empathy for those dealing with mental health needs and a proven track record in working with young people is paramount.
- RHS Level 2 Horticulture equivalent with relevant experience working in horticulture.
- Proven experience in managing wild spaces and habitats.
- Able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of native species, conservation methods and practices, including bush and heritage crafts.
- Experience of successfully working with volunteers, community groups and young people.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of mental health needs.
- Competency in Word & Excel.
- Competency in working to budgets and resourcing.
- Competency in project co-ordination.
- An empathy for people with mental health needs, especially young people.
- Values that are in line with Lindengate’s policy to conserve nature and use eco-friendly and recycling methods.
- High personal standards, including good time keeping, ability to meet deadlines and general good husbandry with all activities.
- Good leadership skills, enthusiastic personality, able to motivate others and work as part of a team.
- Pleasant and patient manner, and ability to relate positively to many different kinds of people.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and respond happily to the need to be flexible.
COMPLIANCE WITH POLICIES
All duties and responsibilities should be carried out in accordance with agreed policy and procedures, in particular the policies on Vulnerable Adults, Boundaries, Safeguarding, Confidentiality, Data Protection and Health and Safety.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.