Link Age Southwark is a vibrant local charity which helps to ensure that older people can thrive in later life. We work with our dedicated volunteers to provide the support that local older people need to live happy, healthy lives. We work with up to 600 older people each year, and with 400 volunteers, to support older to people stay connected with their communities, alleviating loneliness, improving health and wellbeing and making communities stronger through volunteering.
We are looking to recruit an additional Dementia Assistant to:
- Carry out home visits to assess people living with dementia who have been referred into our services
- Support the Dementia Services Manager and Dementia Service Coordinator at our dementia-specific groups
- Help find resources, research and prepare activities for our groups
- Contact service users to remind them of forthcoming groups, arrange travel with a local taxi company and with volunteer drivers
- Escort service users with mild to moderate dementia in a taxi to and from our groups
- Input information into our database
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties related to Link Age Southwark dementia service
As we transition over the next few months to our regular group service, the Dementia Assistant will help our service users return to face-to-face meetings, and will also help support others to use digital technology to remain connected to the groups. The Dementia Assistant will support people who would not be able to attend our activities without additional reminders and escorted transport.
To apply please fill in our application form and return it by 9am on Monday 5th July.
Interviews will take place on Friday 16th July.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.