We are looking for an experienced and passionate Training & Resources Manager to join our growing national charity playing a key role in addressing loneliness and social isolation. This exciting role will enable us to provide bespoke training and information to churches and Christian organisations across the UK.
Using a tried and tested approach, we work with churches and Christian organisations across the country to support them in establishing befriending schemes. There are currently over 55 partner projects operating nationally. In each area, volunteers regularly visit or telephone older people, and social events and activities are also organised (when government guidelines permit).
This new role has been created to enable us to continue to develop our work by providing good quality training, presentations and resources for use with churches and Christian organisations. The role will involve creating, delivering and reviewing all elements of our training material, and ensuring that effective evaluation is carried out. Production of written resources to complement and enhance training courses will also be a key aspect of this role.
Summary and Main Purpose of Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person who pays attention to detail and has great training and development skills. They will lead the development and delivery of a comprehensive high-quality training and resource programme. Experience (within the business or charity sector) of creating and delivering bespoke training and compiling written resources will be required. The role will include:
- Organising, publicising and delivering regular webinars on a regional or national basis to groups of potential partner churches
- Developing and improving existing webinars and courses
- Creating new courses and workshops according to demand and need
- Compiling and delivering occasional presentations for external conferences/ special events
- Compiling written resources for use alongside training events
External training development & delivery
- Develop a training plan that outlines the workshops/ webinars and courses available to churches
- Compile new template taster sessions/ training courses focusing on issues of loneliness and isolation and the various Linking Lives UK models of operation.
- Monitor the format of all training materials to ensure consistency and compliance with brand guidelines
- Ensure the collection of regular evaluation feedback which informs ongoing development and raising of quality standards
- Compile and present occasional presentations for external conferences and special events
- Oversee (in conjunction with other team members) the planning, preparation and operation of the Linking Lives UK Annual Conference
- Plan and prepare quarterly gatherings for existing Linking Lives coordinators focusing on key issues and updates
- Organise other ad hoc training sessions as required
- Arrange ‘Spirituality and Ageing’ training for local coordinators in liaison with an external partner charity
Written resource compilation
- Ensure that appropriate written resources are available alongside all training/ taster events
- Compile regular articles and blogs for internal and external publication
- Compile practical resources providing guidance and advice in addressing loneliness and social isolation
- Review and adapt key resources in line with brand guidelines
Other features of the role/ special requirements
- You will need to be able to work on your own initiative as well as operating effectively as part of a wider team.
- Uphold the Christian ethos of Linking Lives UK in all aspects of the role and personal conduct
- Contribute positively to regular team meetings including prayer times.
The role will be a self-employed position, and will involve working from home. We are specifically looking for someone with the relevant experience who shares our vision to reach and support isolated older people.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.