Listening Books is a charity providing an excellent audiobook lending service to people whose illness, disability, learning or mental health condition impacts on their ability to read the printed word. We have over 9,000 audiobook titles in our online and postal catalogue and serve some 100,000 members across the UK every year.
We have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join our team as a part-time Membership Assistant (17.5 hours per week) to help grow Listening Books' reach. The successful candidate will build and develop relationships with local partner charities and other relevant organisations to increase referrals to our service, as well as marketing the service through other relevant channels. This is an exciting time to join the charity following the launch of our new website and as we continue to grow our impact.
1. To build and develop relationships with various disability charities, educational centres and other relevant groups and organisations around the UK with the aim of recruiting new service users to Listening Books’ free audiobook membership programme.
2. To represent Listening Books at exhibitions and other relevant meetings around the UK from time-to-time to promote the charity, including giving demonstrations of the service.
3. To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required in a small charity where flexibility is essential.
4. To work in a way that ensures the security and confidentiality of all personal data processed by Listening Books.
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) when dealing with a wide range of people.
2. Research skills to utilise the internet and other means to identify new sources of eligible members who would benefit from Listening Books’ services.
3. Excellent organisational skills with the ability to effectively and proactively prioritise own workload to meet deadlines.
4. Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
5. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
6. A strong commitment to Listening Books’ mission and a desire to help it achieve its aims and ideals.
1. Experience of working or volunteering in the charity or disability sector.
2. Demonstrable experience of building relationships and partnerships with charities and community groups, particularly referral schemes.
Salary: £23,000 P.A. (pro-rata)
Location: Southwark, London, Greater London. We are currently working remotely, with the expectation we will have a phased return to the office in 2022.
Job Type: Permanent contract, Part-Time for 17.5 hours per week
Matched contribution pension scheme up to a maximum of 8% of an employee's (gross) salary, following successful probation period. We also offer an interest free travel loan for eligible employees and paid sight tests, plus 20 days annual leave (pro-rata).
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification and the job description. Applications should be addressed to Robert Marchant. When applying, please state why you are applying for this part-time role.
We are assessing applications on a rolling basis and reserve the right to recruit earlier than the closing date, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
All appointments are subject to two satisfactory references, including a previous employer, evidence of the right to work in the UK and a basic DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.